The Worland Family in America and Beyond

I began my life in the Puget Sound area of Washington State, on an island filled with forests and wild rhododendrons. I was separated from my Worland family there at an early age. Recently, I was reunited with my family and learned of my heritage. And so, this journey to know my ancestors began. The Worlands, Gideons, Newtons, Conards... they were the colonists, the settlers, the pioneers. They fought in the American Revolution, the War of 1812, the Civil War. This is their story, and the story of a nation. -Deci Worland MacKinnon

Friday, June 26, 2009

1835 Ohio

October 16, 1835- My great great grandmother, Caroline Wagoner, is born to Frederick and Lucinda Wagoner in Vinton County, Ohio.


Fact check: I have trouble verifying Caroline, I have come across her as Carolyn Wagner also.
I found the following in the Allamakee, Indiana 1860 Federal Census. No Caroline is listed, but then again, she would have married John Edward Randall in 1855.

Wagoner Ann 13 Ohio
Wagoner Casper 23 Ohio
Wagoner Catherine 6 Illinois
Wagoner Charles 11 Ohio
Wagoner Frederick 56 Prussia
Wagoner Frederick 17 Ohio
Wagoner Jacob 20 Ohio
Wagoner John 8 Ohio
Wagoner Lucinda 50 Pennsylvania
Wagoner Lucinda 9 Ohio
Wagoner Rachel 15F Ohio

I recently found this:
1850 Census; Clinton township, Vinton Co., Ohio - page 257/514; line 9
Wagoner
Frederick Wagoner age 43 farmer b. Germany
Lucinda age 41 b. Pennsylvania
Caroline age 14 b. Ohio
Casper age 12 b. Ohio
Jacob S. age 10 b. Ohio
Frederick age 6 b. Ohio
Rachel age 4 b. Ohio
Ann R. age 3 b. Ohio
Charles age 2 b. Ohio
Mary S. age 6/12 b. Ohio

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments and questions. If you do not have a public profile on Blogger, please leave contact information if you would like a response.