The Worland Family in America and Beyond

I began my life in the Puget Sound area of Washington State, on an island filled with forests and wild rhododendrons. I was separated from my Worland family there at an early age. Recently, I was reunited with my family and learned of my heritage. And so, this journey to know my ancestors began. The Worlands, Gideons, Newtons, Conards... they were the colonists, the settlers, the pioneers. They fought in the American Revolution, the War of 1812, the Civil War. This is their story, and the story of a nation. -Deci Worland MacKinnon

Friday, December 25, 2009

1740 Maryland

1740- Joseph Newton, son of Clement Newton, born in St. Mary's, Maryland.

(Joseph Newton is my 4th great grand uncle.)

William Hardy, paternal grandfather of Verlinda Hardy, dies in Prince George's County, Maryland.

(William Hardy is my 5th great grandfather.)

Will of William Hardy

Hardey, William, planter, Prince George's Co., 8th Aug., 1740; 16th Aug., 1740.
To sons George, ex., Benjamin, Solomon, William, Henry, daus. Rachel, Elizabeth and Mary Ann, entire estate.
Testator desires that George take 4 young. child, under his care.
Mary Ann to be raised by Elizabeth Hogging.
William to be of age at testator's death.

Overseers: Bro. George and Peter Hogging.
Test: William Hardey, George Hardey, Ann Burgess. 22. 222.

Another Family Document: Charles County, Maryland

Charles County Land Records, 1733-1743; Book O#2, Page 466.
At the request of Sarah Robey of Charles County, widow, the following deed was recorded this Aug 18, 1740.
 We, the undersigned subscribers, for the natural love we have for our mother, Sarah Robey, widow, and for sundry other good causes, do give our part of the goods and chattels which fell to us by the death of our brother, Peter Roby, late of Charles County, deceased, to said Sarah Roby, widow, after his debts are paid by the administrator. Signed Dec 22, 1738 - John Roby Sr, Richard Roby, Elizabeth Henley, Jno (IW his mark) Warnall, Ralph Roby, Thomas Roby, Saml (+ his mark) Roby, William Roby, Geo: Gibbens, Michael Hinds (M his mark) Roby.

(Sarah Hines Luckett, wife of John Robey II, is my 6th great grandmother.)


A Primary Source History of the Colony of Maryland (Primary Sources of the Thirteen Colonies and the Lost Colony)

4 comments:

  1. Sandy Owen DeMastersMay 1, 2010 at 8:51 AM

    Wow, I have just recently come across JOhn Robey & Sarah Hines Luckett, They are my 6th great grandparents also. My family is from Kentucky, where Lawrence Roby & Family settled. Would LOVE to share info with you

    sdemasters1@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is soooo cool. John Robey and Sarah Hines Luckett are my 8th Great Grandparents. jrw6719@yahoo.com

    Jodi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you connect to Walter Thomas Hines b. 1740 Maryland { father of John Hines b. 1762 Maryland } ? The Robey's are connected to my Hines ancestors....Walt Hines lobo555@live.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sarah Hines Luckett is my sixth great grandmother. She married John Robey, and they had a son Michael Hines Robey. But I still don't know the Hines connection.

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your comments and questions. If you do not have a public profile on Blogger, please leave contact information if you would like a response.