The Worland Family in America and Beyond

I began my life in the Puget Sound area of Washington State, on an island filled with forests and wild rhododendrons. I was separated from my Worland family there at an early age. Recently, I was reunited with my family and learned of my heritage. And so, this journey to know my ancestors began. The Worlands, Gideons, Newtons, Conards... they were the colonists, the settlers, the pioneers. They fought in the American Revolution, the War of 1812, the Civil War. This is their story, and the story of a nation. -Deci Worland MacKinnon

Tuesday, October 8, 2013

October 1741, Connecticut

English: View of East Haddam, Connecticut look...
View of East Haddam, Connecticut looking north from the Nathan Hale Schoolhouse, showing some buildings and a cemetery in a rural scene. (Photo credit: Wikipedia)
October 1, 1741- John Cotton marries 24 year-old Rachel Cornwall, daughter of Benjamin Cornwall & Hannah Merry, in Connecticut.

October 12, 1741- Elijah Ackley, son of Samuel Ackley & Bethia Adams, marries Abigail Blakesley, daughter of Samuel Blakesley & Elizabeth Doolittle, in East Haddam, Middlesex, Connecticut.

October 13, 1741- Jemima Atkins is born to Thomas Atkins & Martha Miller in Middlesex County, Connecticut.

October 31, 1741- Jared Abernathy is born to Caleb Abernathy & Lois Gaylord in Wallingford, New Haven, Connecticut.
"Jared sonne of Caleb and Lois Ebenatha was borne Oct last day 1741"
Wallingford, New Haven County, Connecticut, Births, Marriages, and Death Records (1670-1850), Volume 8, page 532



(Rachel Cornwall is my first cousin 9 times removed. Abigail Blakesley is her first cousin once removed. Abigail Blakesley is my second cousin 8 times removed. Our common ancestors are John Cornwall & Martha Peck.
Jemima Atkins is my third cousin 7 times removed. Our common ancestors are Thomas Wetmore & Sarah Hall and George Hubbard & Elizabeth Watts.
Jared Abernathy is my third cousin 7 times removed. Our common ancestor is Sergeant Abraham Doolittle.)
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments and questions. If you do not have a public profile on Blogger, please leave contact information if you would like a response.