The Worland Family in America and Beyond

I began my life in the Puget Sound area of Washington State, on an island filled with forests and wild rhododendrons. I was separated from my Worland family there at an early age. Recently, I was reunited with my family and learned of my heritage. And so, this journey to know my ancestors began. The Worlands, Gideons, Newtons, Conards... they were the colonists, the settlers, the pioneers. They fought in the American Revolution, the War of 1812, the Civil War. This is their story, and the story of a nation. -Deci Worland MacKinnon

Tuesday, October 22, 2013

1742, Maryland

Maryland, Aug 2010
Maryland, Aug 2010 (Photo credit: cisc1970)
My fifth great grandmother, Mary Ann Drane, wife of Arnold Livers, dies at the age of 40 in Frederick County, Maryland. She was the daughter of Anthony Drane & Elizabeth Mockbee Nicholls. She was interred at Boone's Catholic Chapel Cemetary.

My sixth great grandmother, Elizabeth Mockbee Nicholls, widow of Anthony Drane, dies at the age of 73 in Prince George's County, Maryland. She was the daughter of William Nicholls & Mary Mockbee.
She inherited "Brock Hall" from Captain Edward Brock , her grandfather, in 1712. Her husband Anthony bought parcels of land from William Nichols & John Darnall in the years 1700 to 1712.

Recorded at request of Thomas Draine, 9 Nov 1734:
Deed of gift from Elizabeth Drane, widow, for love to my 3 children, James, Rachel and Thomas; and to granddaughter Rebekah Drane; mentions Negro named Peter; 3 Aug 1734; /s/ Elizabeth Drane (mark); witnesses: Joseph Ray, Brock Mockbee, William Smith.

My fourth great granduncle, Clement Newton, is born Clement & Elizabeth Newton in St. Mary's County, Maryland.

My fifth great granduncle, Thomas Newton, marries Susannah Howard, daughter of William Howard & Sarah Smith, in St. Mary's County, Maryland.

Mary Hayden has been born to George Hayden & Charity Mary Morgan in St. Mary's County, Maryland.

Susannah Luckett is born to William Luckett & Charity Middleton in Frederick County, Maryland.

Henry Neale dies at the age of 51 in Annapolis, Anne Arundel, Maryland.
The son of James Neale & Elizabeth Lord, Henry was born at Wollaston Manor, Charles County, Maryland.
He made his will  December 3, 1742, and it was proved March 8, 1743 (Annapolis, Lib. 23, fol. 50). He mentions his wife Mary, and his children Richard (to whom he bequeaths " Gill's Land ".), Henry, James, Garrett, Sarah, Mary, Teresa, and Henrietta Neale.
Cuthbert Abell, son of John Abell & Mary Usher, has married Mary Clarke in St. Mary's County, Maryland.

Elizabeth Raley is born to John Raley & Mary Heard in St. Mary's County, Maryland.

(Mary Hayden is my first cousin 6 times removed. Our common ancestors are William Hayden & Elizabeth Thompson.
Susannah Luckett is my second cousin 6 times removed. Our common ancestors are Samuel Luckett & Elizabeth Hussey.
Henry Neale is my second cousin 8 times removed. Our common ancestors are Benjamin Gill & Mary Mainwaring.
Cuthbert Abell is my second cousin 9 times removed. Our common ancestors are Captain Robert Abell & Joanna Hyde.
Elizabeth Raley is my third cousin 6 times removed. Our common ancestors are Rebecca Gill and Oliver Mainwaring & Margaret Torbock. Henry Neale is her second cousin twice removed.)
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments and questions. If you do not have a public profile on Blogger, please leave contact information if you would like a response.