The Worland Family in America and Beyond

I began my life in the Puget Sound area of Washington State, on an island filled with forests and wild rhododendrons. I was separated from my Worland family there at an early age. Recently, I was reunited with my family and learned of my heritage. And so, this journey to know my ancestors began. The Worlands, Gideons, Newtons, Conards... they were the colonists, the settlers, the pioneers. They fought in the American Revolution, the War of 1812, the Civil War. This is their story, and the story of a nation. -Deci Worland MacKinnon

Monday, October 21, 2013

1742, Rhode Island

Providence, Rhode Island, 1858. Harbor view, t...
Providence, Rhode Island, 1858. Harbor view, taken from the grounds of George W. Rhodes, Esquire. Hand-colored lithograph. (Photo credit: Wikipedia)

Sarah Clarke, wife of Lieutenant Edward Greenman, has died at the age of 49 in Charlestown, Washington, Rhode Island. She is the daughter of Jeremiah Clarke & Elizabeth Ann Sisson.

Peleg Sisson, son of Thomas Sisson & Jane Card, marries Rebecca Ingraham in Brightman's Pond, Westerly, Washington County, Rhode Island.

Benjamin Sherman, son of Thomas Sherman & Lydia Wilcox, and Mary Sherman, daughter of William Sherman & Abigail Palmer, are married in South Kingstown, Rhode Island.

(Sarah Clarke and Peleg Sisson are my first cousins 9 times removed. Our common ancestors are George Sisson & Sarah F. Lawton.
Benjamin Sherman is my second cousin 9 times removed. Our common ancestors are Thomas Lawton & Elizabeth Salisbury. Benjamin and Mary may be 2nd Cousins, sharing Common Ancestors, their Great Grandparents: Phillip Sherman & Sarah Odding and Edward Wilcox & Susannah Thompson.)
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments and questions. If you do not have a public profile on Blogger, please leave contact information if you would like a response.