The Worland Family in America and Beyond

I began my life in the Puget Sound area of Washington State, on an island filled with forests and wild rhododendrons. I was separated from my Worland family there at an early age. Recently, I was reunited with my family and learned of my heritage. And so, this journey to know my ancestors began. The Worlands, Gideons, Newtons, Conards... they were the colonists, the settlers, the pioneers. They fought in the American Revolution, the War of 1812, the Civil War. This is their story, and the story of a nation. -Deci Worland MacKinnon

Saturday, December 12, 2009

1742 Maryland

1742- A son, Clement Newton, is born to Clement Newton in St. Mary's, Maryland.

(Clement Newton is my 4th great grand uncle.)

Thomas Newton marries Susannah Howard in St. Mary's, Maryland.

(Thomas Newton is my 5th great grand uncle.)

1742 RENT ROLL - 1642-1753 Rent Rolls Charles County MD Hundred - Piccawaxen or William & Mary: Rent Roll page/Sequence: 457-538: ROBYS RANGE: 256 acres; Possession of - 256 Acres - Robey, Thomas: Originally so called, Re-surveyed for Thomas Roby, 31 Aug 1742, beginning at a bounded white oak standing ona a ["] of a hill in the plantation of John Worland, the beginning of said tract.

(John Worland III is my 4th great grandfather. Thomas Robey and John Worland III were 1st cousins. Their common ancestors are John Robey II and Sarah Hines Luckett. Thomas Robey and I are 1st cousins 6 times removed.)

Mary Ann Drane, wife of Arnold Livers, dies in Frederick's County, Maryland.

(Mary Ann Drane is my 5th great grandmother.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments and questions. If you do not have a public profile on Blogger, please leave contact information if you would like a response.