The Worland Family in America and Beyond

I began my life in the Puget Sound area of Washington State, on an island filled with forests and wild rhododendrons. I was separated from my Worland family there at an early age. Recently, I was reunited with my family and learned of my heritage. And so, this journey to know my ancestors began. The Worlands, Gideons, Newtons, Conards... they were the colonists, the settlers, the pioneers. They fought in the American Revolution, the War of 1812, the Civil War. This is their story, and the story of a nation. -Deci Worland MacKinnon

Friday, November 6, 2009

1751 Maryland

1751- Sarah Newton is born to Thomas Newton and Susannah Howard in St. Mary's, Maryland.

(Sarah Newton and I are 1st cousins 6 times removed.)

June 11, 1751- Arnold Livers dies at Prince George's, Maryland.
 Arnold Livers was born about 1669 in Flanders, Belgium, of English parentage, and was reared in the royal household of the Stuarts. At age 22, he was a "page of the backstairs".
Soon after the Catholic King James II was deposed in 1688, Arnold is said to have fled, landing in Maryland with only his uniform, buckles & buttons (which are still preserved by his family), leaving his two children by his first wife behind.
 These sons were reportedly brought to America by his first American wife who went to Flanders to get them as Arnold was afraid to go himself.
 Arnold served as an indentured servant to Colonel Henry Darnall, a tailor. He settled on the Charles River near Upper Marlborough in Prince George's County as a planter.
 He died in 1751 at Prince George's County, Maryland.

(Arnold Livers is my 5th great grandfather.)

August 28, 1751- Will of Arnold Livers


My land: one tract called Duke's Wood," lying in Prince George's Co., but now in Frederick Co., on Linganore, of 500 A.; other called "Arnold's Chance," lying on Little Pipe Creek, containing about 500 A; one lot in Nottingham; one in Marlborough, Prince George's Co., which 2 lots I give to extx, hereafter named, to be sold and money used to pay debts.

Tract called "Arnold's Delight," in Frederick Co., 1,074 A., to children: Anthony, Arnold, Mary and Rachel, to be equally divided bet. them.

To son Robert Livers, all those several tracts I formerly bought of Col. Henry Darnall and John Miller, and all that pt. formerly given me by Henry Darnall, Esquire, lately dec'd., of about: 330 A. known as the plantation where I live.

To grand-son Arnold Elder, 100 A. called "Cole's Good Will," adjoining Wm. Elder's plantation.

To grand-dau. Ann Livers, dau. of son James Livers, 50 pounds money at age 21, by my children: Anthony, Arnold, Robert, Mary and Rachel Livers, each to pay 10 pounds.

My will and intention is that my dear wife Helena Livers, have same during widowhood.

To grand-dau. Eliza. Elder, some slaves.

To dau. Jacoba Clementina Elder, furnishings.

Friend Didley Digges, trustee and overseer, and give him for sd. services, 5 pounds money.

Wit: Charles Beavers (or Beavens), Charles Beavers Blanford, Robert Soper, Frances Early. 28. 166

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments and questions. If you do not have a public profile on Blogger, please leave contact information if you would like a response.