The Worland Family in America and Beyond

I began my life in the Puget Sound area of Washington State, on an island filled with forests and wild rhododendrons. I was separated from my Worland family there at an early age. Recently, I was reunited with my family and learned of my heritage. And so, this journey to know my ancestors began. The Worlands, Gideons, Newtons, Conards... they were the colonists, the settlers, the pioneers. They fought in the American Revolution, the War of 1812, the Civil War. This is their story, and the story of a nation. -Deci Worland MacKinnon

Sunday, December 13, 2009

Is this my Great Grandmother?


I recently recieved this picture from a distant cousin, Jerry Sanner. He believes that it was taken in 1909, and that the central seated figure may be my great grandmother, Estella Lucinda Randall.
He has tentatively identified the individuals as (L-R):
  • Chris Johnston b. 1897 age 12, This would be the younger brother of my grandmother, Rosella Johnston, and the son of Estella and her first husband, Aaron C. Johnston.
  • Reuben Hower b. 1858 age 50/52 (he d. in 1919), this would be Estella's second husband.
  • Estella (Randall) [Johnson] Hower b. 1866 age 42 (she died in 1916), my great grandmother.
  • Clarabelle (Johnston) Byzewski b. 1886 age 22, my grandmother's older sister.
  • Margaret Hower b. 1906 age 2.5, my grandmother's young half-sister.
  • Joseph Byzewski, husband to Clarabelle.
Rosella would not appear as she had married Alfred Leslie Worland in 1908.
Any help verifying this photo would be greatly appreciated. The family lived in Minnesota.

1 comment:

  1. The use of a blog is a GREAT way to get your ancestors' name s "out there" where hopefully someone will recognize the photo in question. Woudln't it be great if someone else has inherited a copy of the photo with everyone identified?

    Good luck -- and thanks for a beautiful blog site!
    Myrt :)

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your comments and questions. If you do not have a public profile on Blogger, please leave contact information if you would like a response.