The Worland Family in America and Beyond

I began my life in the Puget Sound area of Washington State, on an island filled with forests and wild rhododendrons. I was separated from my Worland family there at an early age. Recently, I was reunited with my family and learned of my heritage. And so, this journey to know my ancestors began. The Worlands, Gideons, Newtons, Conards... they were the colonists, the settlers, the pioneers. They fought in the American Revolution, the War of 1812, the Civil War. This is their story, and the story of a nation. -Deci Worland MacKinnon

Sunday, December 27, 2009

1739 Maryland

August 21, 1739- Deed of Gift. Recorded Aug 21, 1739. I, Sarah Robey of Charles County, hereby make over to William Robey, son of Benjamin Robey of Charles County, planter (after my death) 1 feather bed and furniture, 1 silk rug, 1 blanket, and 1 pair of sheets, together with a bedstead and hide and cord. And also I hereby make over to Victoria Robey, daughter of the above mentioned Benjamin Robey, 1 4-gallon pot and pot hooks after my death. Signed Aug 18, 1739 - Sarah (H her mark) Robey. Wit - Walter Hanson, Thomas Troughear, John Hanson Jr.

(Sarah Hines Luckett is my 6th great grandmother, she was the wife of John Robey II. Benjamin Robey was their son, and William and Victoria were their grandchildren.
John Hanson Jr. was Sarah's half-brother. Walter was her nephew.)

Charles County Revisited (Images of America)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments and questions. If you do not have a public profile on Blogger, please leave contact information if you would like a response.