The Worland Family in America and Beyond

I began my life in the Puget Sound area of Washington State, on an island filled with forests and wild rhododendrons. I was separated from my Worland family there at an early age. Recently, I was reunited with my family and learned of my heritage. And so, this journey to know my ancestors began. The Worlands, Gideons, Newtons, Conards... they were the colonists, the settlers, the pioneers. They fought in the American Revolution, the War of 1812, the Civil War. This is their story, and the story of a nation. -Deci Worland MacKinnon

Saturday, September 26, 2009

1760 St. Mary's, Maryland

November 5, 1760- Clement Newton, paternal grandfather of Joseph Pike Newton, dies in St. Mary's, Maryland.

(Clement Newton is my 5th great grandfather.)

Will of Clement Newton, Signed: June 30, 1760; Proved: November 5, 1760
~ Item: Imprimis I give and bequeath to my several Creditors their Just Claims
~ Item: I give and bequeath to my son Joseph Newton all my Lands.
~ Item: Whereas Thomas Newton Left in my care two Heifers, one for my son Joseph and one for my son Clement, my will is that they be paid them before the apprasement of my Estate
~ Item: Where Walter Davis left in my care a large black Walnut Table Oval made for my Daughter Anne, I will that the same be hers & not appraised in my Estate.
~ Item: I give and bequeath to my son Clement one young gray gelding.
~ Item: I give and bequeath to my son Albane, my writing Desk
~ Item: I give and bequeath to my son Bernard, one gray stone Coult & a pr of silver Clasps.
~ Item: I give and bequeath to my son Gaberil one hanging Leaf Square Walnut Table
~ Item: I give and bequeath to my Daughter Mary a feather Bed, and furniture, to be paid her of the value of my second best Bed & furniture
~ Item: I give and bequeath to my Daughter Bibiana a Black Walnut Oval Table
~ Item: I give and bequeath to my son Aldebert, one Horse called Jack Gray colored
~ Item: I give & bequeath to my Daughter Immaranchaeunor, Sining wheel
~ Item: whereas my wife is now with child, I give and bequeath to the child unborn one Choat
~ Item: where the Sundry Legacies above mentioned are of an Equal Value my will is that all the Legacies that are of Less value, than the best be made up equal out of my Estate, and the Remaining part of my Estate be Equally Divided amongst all my Children.
~ Item: and to the true performance of this my Last will and Testament I nominate Constitute ordain & appoint, my son Joseph Newton, my solo Executor, In witness whereof I have hereunto set my Hand, and affixed my seal, this 30th June Anno que Dom 1760.~~~~~~~
Clement Newton (((seal)))
Signed Sealed and delivered

In the presence of us

Samll Abell Jnr

Leonard X Brown



November 5th 1760

Then Samll Abell Jnr & Leonard Brown the subscribing witnesses to the forgoing will being dualy and solemnly sworn on the Holy Evangels of almighty God depose and say that they, Saw the Testator Clement Newton Sign the foregoing will and heard him publish and declare the same to be his Last will and Testament that at the time of his sodoing he was to, the best of their apprehension of sound and disposing mind and memory, and that they subscribed their Respective names as witnesses to the Sd will in the presence of the said Testator and at his request.

Sworn to before me, Tho. Aisquith Depty Comiss~~~~~~~~~~~~

Of St. Mary's County~~~~~~~~~~~~



The Day and year above said the deceased widow
Made her Election, and takes her thirds,
Certified by me Tho. Aisquith Depty Comiss
of St. Mary's County~~~~~~

665W

***************************************************************************************************************

Transcribed by Judith A. Burger February 1, 2001 from a photocopy of the original court record, Libra: T.A.I., page: 399-400, obtained from Norma I. Dawson, Register of Wills, St. Mary's County, Maryland.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments and questions. If you do not have a public profile on Blogger, please leave contact information if you would like a response.