The Worland Family in America and Beyond

I began my life in the Puget Sound area of Washington State, on an island filled with forests and wild rhododendrons. I was separated from my Worland family there at an early age. Recently, I was reunited with my family and learned of my heritage. And so, this journey to know my ancestors began. The Worlands, Gideons, Newtons, Conards... they were the colonists, the settlers, the pioneers. They fought in the American Revolution, the War of 1812, the Civil War. This is their story, and the story of a nation. -Deci Worland MacKinnon

Friday, December 18, 2009

1741 Maryland

1741- Thomas Newton, Sr., dies in St. Mary's County, Maryland.

(Thomas Newton is my 6th great grandfather.)

December 6, 1741-

Thomas Newton, Senior. Nuncupative Will:

The Last Will of Thomas Newton, St. Mary's County SS December ye 6th 1741:

Then came James Brown, and Lidia Raley and made Oath On the holy Evangels of Almighty God that they heard Thomas Newton Senor the fourteenth Day of this instant December Lying then very sick and sick as to die who departed this life the fifth of this instant, say and declare that he gave to his son Thomas Newton all his wearing Cloaths and six hundred pounds of Tobacco, and to Elanor Leake he gave one Bed and furniture, and to his grand son Joseph Newton one white heffer and to his Grandson Clement Newton one heffer and his Daughter in Law Elizabeth Newton two hundred pounds of Tobacco due to him from Walter Davis or thirteen yards and halfe of fine White Linen in his Chist, and to his wife, Catherine Newton, two hundred and twenty pound of Tobacco, due him from the widow Hesler and her sons Excepting thirty of said Tobacco he gave to John Henning and to his wife Catherine and his son Clement he gave one Young horse between them ~~~ The Day and year above Said came James Brown and Ledia Raley and made Oath on the holy Evangels of Almighty God that they heard the said Thomas Newton Declare the foregoing as his Last Will, and at the time of his sodoing he was to the best of their knowledge, and apprehension of sound, and disposing mind and memory Sworn to before me~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Tho Aisquith Depty Comiss ry of St. Marys County
The Deceased Widow has made her Election, and Takes her thirds
Certified by me Tho: Aisquith Depty Comissry of St Marys Coty


1741- Rachel Livers, mother of Verlinda Hardy, born to Arnold Livers and Mary Anne Drane in Prince George's County, Maryland.

(Rachel Livers is my 4th great grandmother.)



Maryland Calendar of Wills 1738-1743

1 comment:

  1. Hello. I am researching the Newton family tree. I am tracing Newtons from Illinois back to Kentucky back to Maryland. I have Ignatius Newton being the son of Thomas Newton and the grandson of Thomas Newton, both of St. Mary's County, MD. I have Thomas Newton, Sr. being born in 1660 and dying in 1741. I am trying to find Thomas Newton, Sr.'s father and mother.

    Any help would be appreciated.

    Kevin Newton
    St. Louis, MO

    newtonkevin@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your comments and questions. If you do not have a public profile on Blogger, please leave contact information if you would like a response.