The Worland Family in America and Beyond

I began my life in the Puget Sound area of Washington State, on an island filled with forests and wild rhododendrons. I was separated from my Worland family there at an early age. Recently, I was reunited with my family and learned of my heritage. And so, this journey to know my ancestors began. The Worlands, Gideons, Newtons, Conards... they were the colonists, the settlers, the pioneers. They fought in the American Revolution, the War of 1812, the Civil War. This is their story, and the story of a nation. -Deci Worland MacKinnon

Thursday, November 28, 2013

November 1742, Connecticut

Map of Connecticut highlighting New Haven County
Map of Connecticut highlighting New Haven County (Photo credit: Wikipedia)
November 8, 1742- A daughter, Submit Dowd, is born to Janna Dowd & Desire Cornwall in Guilford, New Haven, Connecticut.

November 16, 1742- My eighth great grandmother, Mary Cornwall, dies at the age of 75 in Middletown, Middlesex, Connecticut.
Mary was born in November 20, 1666, the daughter of John Cornwall & Martha Peck.
In 1688, on her 22nd birthday, she married Samuel Doolittle, son of Sergeant Abraham Doolittle & Abigail Moss. Solomon received land in Wallingford in 1689, and there they first settled.
After their second child was born they moved from Wallingford to Middletown.
Samuel suffered from poor health by 1714, and in 1717 he died at the age of 52. Mary survived him by nearly thirty years.
They had eleven children, all of whom lived to adulthood.

November 29, 1742- A son, Isaiah, is born to Isaiah Tuttle & Susanna Doolittle in North New Haven, New Haven, Connecticut. The child would not reach adulthood, and dies young.

November 30, 1742- Solomon Moss, son of Solomon Moss & Ruth Peck, marries Elizabeth Fenn, daughter of Theophilus Fenn & Martha Doolittle in Wallingford, New Haven, Connecticut.



(Submit Dowd is my second cousin 8 times removed. Our common ancestors are John Cornwall & Martha Peck. Elizabeth Fenn is her second cousin.
Isaiah Tuttle is my second cousin 8 times removed. Our common ancestors are Sergeant Abraham Doolittle & Abigail Moss. Elizabeth Fenn is his second cousin. Solomon Moss is his second cousin once removed.
Elizabeth Fenn is my second cousin 8 times removed. Our common ancestors are Sergeant Abraham Doolittle & Abigail Moss and John Cornwall & Martha Peck. Solomon Moss is her second cousin once removed.
Solomon Moss is my second cousin 9 times removed. Our common ancestors are John Moss & Abigail "Goody" Charles.)
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments and questions. If you do not have a public profile on Blogger, please leave contact information if you would like a response.