The Worland Family in America and Beyond

I began my life in the Puget Sound area of Washington State, on an island filled with forests and wild rhododendrons. I was separated from my Worland family there at an early age. Recently, I was reunited with my family and learned of my heritage. And so, this journey to know my ancestors began. The Worlands, Gideons, Newtons, Conards... they were the colonists, the settlers, the pioneers. They fought in the American Revolution, the War of 1812, the Civil War. This is their story, and the story of a nation. -Deci Worland MacKinnon

Tuesday, November 26, 2013

October 1742, Maryland

Potomac River, Great Falls Park (the Maryland ...
Potomac River, Great Falls Park (the Maryland side), USA.
October 18, 1742- My sixth great granduncle, Sebastian Thompson, has died at Yieldingbury, St. Mary's County, Maryland.
Son of Arthur Thompson, he married Charity Bailey, daughter of John Bailey.

Thompson, Sebastian, St Mary's Co., 18th Oct., 1742; 3rd March, 1742.
To sons Arthur and Sebastian and hrs., real estate.
" child. John, Sebastian, Monica, Charity Wheeler, Appolina and Mary Brown, personalty.
" wife Charity, extx., residue of estate.
Test: William Gillimore, John Mills, A. Thompson. 23.79.

Sebastian Thompson 28.11 SM £43.10.1 Mar 3 1742 Jun 9 1743
Appraisers: Samuel Abell, John Mills.
Creditors: Philip Key, Appolina Thompson.
Next of kin: Oswal Thompson, Sebastian Thompson.
Administratrix/Executrix: Charity Thompson.


October 1742: John Colvill’s “Negro Quarter” near the mouth of Quarter Branch and the Potomac is the first mention in print of a slave population.
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments and questions. If you do not have a public profile on Blogger, please leave contact information if you would like a response.