The Worland Family in America and Beyond

I began my life in the Puget Sound area of Washington State, on an island filled with forests and wild rhododendrons. I was separated from my Worland family there at an early age. Recently, I was reunited with my family and learned of my heritage. And so, this journey to know my ancestors began. The Worlands, Gideons, Newtons, Conards... they were the colonists, the settlers, the pioneers. They fought in the American Revolution, the War of 1812, the Civil War. This is their story, and the story of a nation. -Deci Worland MacKinnon

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

May 1723, Pennsylvania

May 1, 1723- Joseph Ambler, husband of Ann Williams, purchases a tract of 90 acres of land from William Morgan in Montgomeryville, Montgomery County, Pennsylvania.

May 2, 1723- Gerhard DeHaven and wife Mary Sellen, along with his brother Herman DeHaven and wife Anneken Op den Graeff conveyed 200 acres at the upper end of their 440 acre tract in Germantown to Peter Jansen, May 2, 1723.
A daughter, Elizabeth DeHaven, was born to Herman & Anneken on May 6, 1723 in Skippack, Montgomery County, Pennsylvania.
Herman DeHaven and his family then moved to New Providence, where he was living in 1734 on a 200 acre tract. He built a saw mill and grist mill. He also kept an ordinary or inn. He was granted a license for the inn in 1734.

May 26, 1723- Mary Cleaver is born to Peter Cleaver, Jr. & Elizabeth Potts in Philadelphia County, Pennsylvania.


(Ann Williams is my first cousin 8 times removed. Our common ancestors are Aret Klincken & Niske Agnes Jensen.
Anneken Op den Graeff is my second cousin 8 times removed. Her daughter, Elizabeth DeHaven, is my third cousin 8 times removed. Our common ancestors are Hermann Op den Graeff & Gretjen Driessen Pletjes and Pieter Dohrs & Lysgen Grietes.
Mary Cleaver is my first cousin 7 times removed. Our common ancestors is Jonas Potts.)

1 comment:

  1. Hello! I am chasing Niske Agnes Jansen and found her name via a web search. Where might I find additional information on her?

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your comments and questions. If you do not have a public profile on Blogger, please leave contact information if you would like a response.