The Worland Family in America and Beyond

I began my life in the Puget Sound area of Washington State, on an island filled with forests and wild rhododendrons. I was separated from my Worland family there at an early age. Recently, I was reunited with my family and learned of my heritage. And so, this journey to know my ancestors began. The Worlands, Gideons, Newtons, Conards... they were the colonists, the settlers, the pioneers. They fought in the American Revolution, the War of 1812, the Civil War. This is their story, and the story of a nation. -Deci Worland MacKinnon

Saturday, January 9, 2010

1735 Maryland

 1735- The Land records of Prince George's County, Maryland, 1733-1739 By Elise Greenup Jourdan:

Liber T Page 355

Recorded at request of James Russell, 21 Feb 1735:
Bill of Sale; James Powell of Upper Marlborough Town, innholder, ..., to James Russell, goods, chattels and debts, etc., 4 Feb 1735; /s/ Jas. Powell, wit. Thos. Clark, Will. Hardie

Liber T Page 315

Recorded at request of James Russell, 22 Sep 1735:
Indenture between Thomas Gray of Somerset Co. and James Russell, merchant;...a sloop registered as Betty of the burthen of 20 tons at anchor in the Pantuxent; also Negro man belonging to sd. sloop named Ishmael; etc.; /s/ Thomas Gray; wit. Will. Hardie, Hugh Taylor; ack. Thomas Gray

(William Hardy is my 5th great grandfather.)

November 26, 1735- John Magruder and his wife Susanna convey to Ignatius Hardy 100 acres, part of Casteal.

(Ignatius Hardy is my 5th great grand uncle. William Hardy is the brother of Ignatius Hardy. Our common ancestors are Elizabeth and William Hardy.)
 
1735- Mary Elder born to William Elder and Ann Wheeler in Frederick County, Maryland.
 
(Mary Elder and I are 1st cousins 6 times removed.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments and questions. If you do not have a public profile on Blogger, please leave contact information if you would like a response.