The Worland Family in America and Beyond

I began my life in the Puget Sound area of Washington State, on an island filled with forests and wild rhododendrons. I was separated from my Worland family there at an early age. Recently, I was reunited with my family and learned of my heritage. And so, this journey to know my ancestors began. The Worlands, Gideons, Newtons, Conards... they were the colonists, the settlers, the pioneers. They fought in the American Revolution, the War of 1812, the Civil War. This is their story, and the story of a nation. -Deci Worland MacKinnon

Monday, January 18, 2010

1733 Maryland

June 3, 1733- William Hayden dies at the age of 58 in St. Mary's County, Maryland.

(William Hayden is my 6th great grandfather.)

1733- George, William and Ignatius Hardy listed as taxables in the Upper Piscataway Hundred.

(These Hardy brothers are my 5th great grand uncles. Our common ancestors are William and Elizabeth Hardy.)
 
1733- William Elder and his wife Ann Wheeler are living at Slate Ridge Farm, property owned by Arnold Livers. After Ann's death in 1739, William would go on to marry Arnold's daughter Jacoba in 1742.
 
Jacoba's brother Arnold was a Jesuit Priest. He had traveled to Watten, Holland to study for the priesthood. He entered the Society of Jesus on September 7, 1724 and was ordained. In 1733 he was assigned to the missions of Maryland. He returned to Maryland in 1734 and served at St. Thomas Manor, Newtown, and St. Inigoes, where he died August 16, 1767.

(Arnold Livers is my 5th great grandfather. William Elder is my fifth grand uncle.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments and questions. If you do not have a public profile on Blogger, please leave contact information if you would like a response.