The Worland Family in America and Beyond

I began my life in the Puget Sound area of Washington State, on an island filled with forests and wild rhododendrons. I was separated from my Worland family there at an early age. Recently, I was reunited with my family and learned of my heritage. And so, this journey to know my ancestors began. The Worlands, Gideons, Newtons, Conards... they were the colonists, the settlers, the pioneers. They fought in the American Revolution, the War of 1812, the Civil War. This is their story, and the story of a nation. -Deci Worland MacKinnon

Monday, January 25, 2010

1730 Maryland

July 4, 1730- John Hyde of London leases to George Hardee 245 acres called His Lordship's Mine. The lease will run for the lifetimes of George, his wife Elizabeth and son William.

The Land Records of Prince George's County, Maryland, 1726-1733 By Elise Greenup Jourdan
Liber Q Page 75- Enrolled at request of William Hardy 26 Aug 1730:

Indenture, 24 Jul 1730; Between John Hyde of London, merchant, and William Hardy, planter; for 5s; to farm part of His Lordship's Kindness; containing 161 acres; for the natural life of William Hardy, Anne his wife and George their son; /s/ Walter Hoxton, atty. for John Hyde; wit. James Burgess, Tho. Charter; 3 Aug 1730 ack. by Walter Hoxton

(William Hardy is my fifth great grandfather. George Hardy is William's brother, therefore my fifth great granduncle. Our common ancestors are William & Elizabeth Hardy.)


1730- Ann Bacon is born to Henry Bacon and Frances Smith in St. Mary's, Maryland.

Charles Elder is born to William Elder and Ann Wheeler in Frederick County, Maryland.

(Ann Bacon is my fifth great grandmother. Charles Elder is my 1st cousin six times removed.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments and questions. If you do not have a public profile on Blogger, please leave contact information if you would like a response.