The Worland Family in America and Beyond

I began my life in the Puget Sound area of Washington State, on an island filled with forests and wild rhododendrons. I was separated from my Worland family there at an early age. Recently, I was reunited with my family and learned of my heritage. And so, this journey to know my ancestors began. The Worlands, Gideons, Newtons, Conards... they were the colonists, the settlers, the pioneers. They fought in the American Revolution, the War of 1812, the Civil War. This is their story, and the story of a nation. -Deci Worland MacKinnon

Sunday, January 17, 2010

1733 Pennsylvania

January 26, 1733- In 1732, Thomas Potts, Jr. had married Susanna. The marriage was accomplished in a manner ''contrary to Discipline of fray" and on January 26, 1733, they made an acknowledgment for their "Disorderly Walking," which the Quakers accepted. This shows that Susanna was also a Friend, but her maiden name is not given. They resided in Bristol Township.

(Thomas Potts, Jr. is my 1st cousin eight times removed. Our common ancestors are Thomas Potts and Elizabeth Baset. The Thomas Potts spoken of below is his first cousin. Jane Austin is his aunt.)
 
February 24, 1733- Anthony Conard marries Sarah Hatfield in Germantown, Pennsylvania. Daughter Margaret Conard is born later the same year.

(Anthony Conard is my sixth great grandfather.)

November 16, 1733- Thomas and Rachel Potts sell a tract of 140 acres to Thomas Lewis, a miller from Goshen, Chester County, Pennsylvania. The plantation, located in Roxbury, Roxborough Township, Philadelphia County, had been purchased from Isaac Norris back in 1726.

(Thomas Potts is my 1st cousin eight times removed. Our common ancestors are Thomas Potts and Elizabeth Baset.)

December 26, 1733- Jane Austin, being "weak in body but of sound mind and memory," made her will December 26, 1733, and died September 14, 1734. The will is recorded in Will-Book E, page 309, at Philadelphia. She mentions son Samuel Austin; daughters Ann Robins, Elizabeth Chanel and Mary; grand-children John Robins, Mary Robins, John Austin, John Wood.
The excutors were George Fitzwater, Anthony Morris and Jacob Shoemaker. Witnesses, Ezekiel Potts and John White.

(Jane Austin [nee Potts] is my 7th great grand aunt. Our common ancestors are Thomas Potts and Elizabeth Baset. The Thomas Potts mentioned above is her nephew.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments and questions. If you do not have a public profile on Blogger, please leave contact information if you would like a response.