The Worland Family in America and Beyond

I began my life in the Puget Sound area of Washington State, on an island filled with forests and wild rhododendrons. I was separated from my Worland family there at an early age. Recently, I was reunited with my family and learned of my heritage. And so, this journey to know my ancestors began. The Worlands, Gideons, Newtons, Conards... they were the colonists, the settlers, the pioneers. They fought in the American Revolution, the War of 1812, the Civil War. This is their story, and the story of a nation. -Deci Worland MacKinnon

Wednesday, November 16, 2011

December 1739, Connecticut

East Rock, New Haven

December 1, 1739- Daniel Bacon is born to Joseph Bacon & Bethia Whitmore in Middletown, Middlesex County, Connecticut. (Daniel would later wed Mary Abernathy, listed below.)

December 5, 1739- Chloe Moss is born to David Moss & Mindwell Doolittle in Wallingford, New Haven, Connecticut.

December 9, 1739- Mary Abernathy is born to Caleb Abernathy & Lois Gaylord in Wallingford, New Haven, Connecticut.

December 10, 1739- Twins, Grace and Patience Parker, are born to Andrew Parker & Susanna Blakeslee in Wallingford, New Haven, Connecticut. They do not survive, dying within days of their birth.

December 14, 1739- Sarah Stow is born to Eliakim Stow & Lydia Miller in Middletown, Middlesex County, Connecticut.

December 15, 1739- Elizabeth Bacon is born to Jeremiah Bacon & Elizabeth Cornwall in Middletown, Middlesex County, Connecticut.

December 24, 1739- Hannah Cotton is born to Ebenezer Cotton & Hannah Cornwall in Middletown, Middlesex County, Connecticut. Her mother, Hannah, would die a week later, at age 24, on December 31, 1739.

(Daniel Bacon is my first cousin 8 times removed. Our common ancestors are Samuel Whitmore & Mary Bacon, Nathaniel Bacon & Ann Miller, and Thomas Wetmore.
Cloe Moss and the Parker Twins are my third cousins 7 times removed. Our common ancestors are Abraham Doolittle, John Moss & Abigail Charles and Paul Peck & Martha Hale.
Mary Abernathy is my third cousin 7 times removed. Chloe Moss is her third cousin. Our common ancestor is Abraham Doolittle.
Sarah Stow is my third cousin 7 times removed. Our common ancestors are Thomas Wetmore & Sarah Hall.
Elizabeth Bacon is my second cousin 8 times removed. Our common ancestors are Nathaniel Bacon & Ann Miller, Thomas Wetmore, and John Cornwall & Martha Peck.
Hannah Cotton is my second cousin 8 times removed. Our common ancestors are John Cornwall & Martha Peck. )
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments and questions. If you do not have a public profile on Blogger, please leave contact information if you would like a response.