The Worland Family in America and Beyond

I began my life in the Puget Sound area of Washington State, on an island filled with forests and wild rhododendrons. I was separated from my Worland family there at an early age. Recently, I was reunited with my family and learned of my heritage. And so, this journey to know my ancestors began. The Worlands, Gideons, Newtons, Conards... they were the colonists, the settlers, the pioneers. They fought in the American Revolution, the War of 1812, the Civil War. This is their story, and the story of a nation. -Deci Worland MacKinnon

Friday, November 25, 2011

1740, Pennsylvania

Seal of Germantown Pennsylvania, 1691
Image via Wikipedia
1740- My sixth great granduncle, Jonathan Potts, marries Naomi Hall in Germantown, Philadelphia County, Pennsylvania. Their first son, Jonathan, is born later that year.
Their is confusion about Naomi's name. The Old Potts Bible, owned by Mr. George W. Potts, of Bowling Green, Kentucky, refers to her has "Emey" and "Omey". It seems to me, that these are simply diminutive forms of Naomi.

Barbara Tyson, widow of Mathias Conard, dies at the age of 53 in Germantown, Philadelphia County, Pennsylvania. She is the daughter of Cornelius & Margaret Theissen.

Thomas Tyson is born to Peter Tyson & Mary Roberts in Abington Township, Philadelphia County, Pennsylvania.

Mary Cleaver is born to Derrick Cleaver & Mary Potts in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.

(Barbara Tyson is my first cousin 9 times removed. Our common ancestors are Mathias Dohrs & Agnes Neesgen Op den Graeff. Thomas Tyson is her first cousin once removed.
Thomas Tyson is my second cousin 8 times removed. Our common ancestors are Mathias Dohrs & Agnes Neesgen Op den Graeff, Coentgen Lenssen Coenis & Anna Entgen Thones and Thomas Potts & Elizabeth Baset.
Mary Cleaver is my third cousin 6 times removed. Thomas Tyson is her second cousin. Our common ancestors are Thomas Potts & Elizabeth Baset.)
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments and questions. If you do not have a public profile on Blogger, please leave contact information if you would like a response.