The Worland Family in America and Beyond

I began my life in the Puget Sound area of Washington State, on an island filled with forests and wild rhododendrons. I was separated from my Worland family there at an early age. Recently, I was reunited with my family and learned of my heritage. And so, this journey to know my ancestors began. The Worlands, Gideons, Newtons, Conards... they were the colonists, the settlers, the pioneers. They fought in the American Revolution, the War of 1812, the Civil War. This is their story, and the story of a nation. -Deci Worland MacKinnon

Monday, October 25, 2010

March 1730, Rhode Island

March 23, 1730- My eighth great grandmother, Rebecca Fowler, dies at the age of 74 in Providence, Rhode Island. Rebecca was born in Providence to Henry Fowler & Rebecca Newell.
At the age of 18, she became the wife of William Randall, Jr., a miller who ran a grist mill and a small saw mill on the west side of the Pochasset River.
William was the son of William and Elizabeth Randall of Providence. William and Rebecca had seven children.
On August 3rd, this inventory was recorded: Rebecca Randall, widow. Administration to her son William. Inventory Ð125, viz: wearing apparel and silver money 3s. 3d.paper bills of credit Ðl2-04-00, due on land Ð19-09-00, due on account Ð5. Lace, Mohair, Silk, Feather Bed, Pewter Spectacles, New Sash, 2 Spinning Wheels, 3 Carts, Deers Leather, etc.
"Randall and Allied Families: William Randall of Scituate and His Descendants" by Frank Alfred Randall; pp. 34 and 39; Revert-WeberPrinting Company; Chicago, Illinois; 1943
I have also found sources that show Rebecca's daughter, Mary Randall, wife of Zacharia Rhodes, dying five days earlier on March 23.
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments and questions. If you do not have a public profile on Blogger, please leave contact information if you would like a response.