The Worland Family in America and Beyond

I began my life in the Puget Sound area of Washington State, on an island filled with forests and wild rhododendrons. I was separated from my Worland family there at an early age. Recently, I was reunited with my family and learned of my heritage. And so, this journey to know my ancestors began. The Worlands, Gideons, Newtons, Conards... they were the colonists, the settlers, the pioneers. They fought in the American Revolution, the War of 1812, the Civil War. This is their story, and the story of a nation. -Deci Worland MacKinnon

Thursday, September 30, 2010

1729 Pennsylvania

Theodore Roosevelt.                                  Image via Wikipedia
1729- Thomas Potts is born to John Potts & Elizabeth McVaugh in Upper Dublin, Montgomery, Pennsylvania. (Thomas Potts is the second great grandfather of President Theodore Roosevelt. The president is my sixth cousin 3 times removed.)

Jonathan Potts marries Sarah Wood. They passed meeting the second time on 11 mo. 26, 1729, and at the next meeting, held 12 mo. 23, 1729-30, the marriage was reported orderly accomplished. They settled in Whitemarsh Township, now in Montgomery County.
It is not known if they had any children.

Harmond DeHaven is born to Herman DeHaven & Anneken Op den Graeff in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.

Samuel Seeley and Mary DeHaven are married in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.

(Jonathan Potts is my first cousin 8 times removed. Thomas Potts is his nephew. Thomas Potts is my second cousin 7 times removed. Our common ancestors are Thomas Potts & Elizabeth Baset.
Harmond DeHaven and Mary DeHaven are siblings.  They are my third cousins 8 times removed. Our common ancestors are Hermann Op den Graeff & Gretjen Driessen Pletjes and Pieter Dohrs & Lysgen Grietes.)
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments and questions. If you do not have a public profile on Blogger, please leave contact information if you would like a response.