The Worland Family in America and Beyond

I began my life in the Puget Sound area of Washington State, on an island filled with forests and wild rhododendrons. I was separated from my Worland family there at an early age. Recently, I was reunited with my family and learned of my heritage. And so, this journey to know my ancestors began. The Worlands, Gideons, Newtons, Conards... they were the colonists, the settlers, the pioneers. They fought in the American Revolution, the War of 1812, the Civil War. This is their story, and the story of a nation. -Deci Worland MacKinnon

Sunday, September 12, 2010

1728 Pennsylvania

1728- Jonathan Potts is born to David Potts & Elizabeth Jane Lane in Germantown, Pennsylvania. He would move to Virginia with his parents.

James Lewis is born to James Lewis & Sarah Potts in Pottsgrove, Berks County, Pennsylvania.

About 1728 Thomas Penn appears to have been engaged in business of some sort in London, and to have had a partner. He writes to his brother John Penn, April 26 of that year, and signs the letter " Thomas Penn and Company;" in it he speaks of " my business on partnership, of which I some time since acquainted thee."

(Jonathan Potts is my fifth great granduncle.  James Lewis is his second cousin. James Lewis is my second cousin 7 times removed. Our common ancestors are Thomas Potts & Elizabeth Baset.
Thomas Penn is my third cousin 9 times removed. Our common ancestors are Pletjes Driessen & Alet Gobels Syllys.)
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments and questions. If you do not have a public profile on Blogger, please leave contact information if you would like a response.