The Worland Family in America and Beyond

I began my life in the Puget Sound area of Washington State, on an island filled with forests and wild rhododendrons. I was separated from my Worland family there at an early age. Recently, I was reunited with my family and learned of my heritage. And so, this journey to know my ancestors began. The Worlands, Gideons, Newtons, Conards... they were the colonists, the settlers, the pioneers. They fought in the American Revolution, the War of 1812, the Civil War. This is their story, and the story of a nation. -Deci Worland MacKinnon

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

September 1727, Massachusetts

 Headstone of Job Randall, Second Church Cemetary, Nowell, Massachusetts
Inscription:
HERE LYES YE
INTERRED BODY
OF MR JOB RAN
DALL WHO DYED
SEPTEMBER THE
19TH 1727 & AGED
ABOUT 73 YEARES

 September 19, 1727- Job Randall dies at the age of 73 in Scituate, Plymouth, Massachusetts. Job was born in 1654 in Scituate. At the age of 25 he married Elizabeth Doty, daughter of James and Lydia (Turner) Doty and a granddaughter of Edward Doty of the 'Mayflower'; the marriage produced six children.
Job was a shipwright and a very respectable and useful man. He lived a quarter mile south of Herring Brook Hill and worked at the Chittenden Yard on the Norwell side of the river. He built ships for Samuel Lillie and Andrew Belcher of Boston. Many of Belcher's ships were privateers used in the French war. In 1675 he served in King Philip's War under General James Cudworth.
Job Randall lies buried in the Second Church Cemetary in Nowell, Massachusetts.

Source: Samuel Deane, History of Scituate, Massachusetts, from Its First Settlement to 1831.
(Job Randall is my eighth great granduncle. Our common ancestors are William Randall & Elizabeth Barstow.)
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments and questions. If you do not have a public profile on Blogger, please leave contact information if you would like a response.