The Worland Family in America and Beyond

I began my life in the Puget Sound area of Washington State, on an island filled with forests and wild rhododendrons. I was separated from my Worland family there at an early age. Recently, I was reunited with my family and learned of my heritage. And so, this journey to know my ancestors began. The Worlands, Gideons, Newtons, Conards... they were the colonists, the settlers, the pioneers. They fought in the American Revolution, the War of 1812, the Civil War. This is their story, and the story of a nation. -Deci Worland MacKinnon

Sunday, April 18, 2010

March 1715, Maryland

March 5, 1715- Robert Yates of Charles County, Maryland receives payments from James Waters, William and Thomas Howard, Joseph Christmas, John Waland, John Cordell, George Browne, Mr. John Bruce, George Bellows, Joseph Douglas, John Lancaster, Robert Cull, Nulie With, John Philips, estate of Charles Jones, James Neale, Jane Maccoy, John Loften, Oliver Birch, George Newman, George Shakerly, Richard Lancaster, and Birdett Aston.


(John Waland is John Worland, husband of Stacey Robey. John Worland is my fifth great grandfather. In records of the time, he appears as John Worland, John Waland, John Warland and John Warnall.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments and questions. If you do not have a public profile on Blogger, please leave contact information if you would like a response.