The Worland Family in America and Beyond

I began my life in the Puget Sound area of Washington State, on an island filled with forests and wild rhododendrons. I was separated from my Worland family there at an early age. Recently, I was reunited with my family and learned of my heritage. And so, this journey to know my ancestors began. The Worlands, Gideons, Newtons, Conards... they were the colonists, the settlers, the pioneers. They fought in the American Revolution, the War of 1812, the Civil War. This is their story, and the story of a nation. -Deci Worland MacKinnon

Saturday, April 3, 2010

October 1718, Rhode Island

October 20, 1718- The Will of George Sisson, made August 20, was proved October 20, 1718.
It gave ninety-seven acres in Portsmouth and all his lands in Warwick to his eldest son Richard; to his son George he gave a farm in Swansea, Massachusetts; to Thomas land in Newport; to John land and housing in Tiverton, Rhode Island, on condition that he pay seventy pounds to his sisters; to Richard and James his grindstone for their common use; to his five daughters silver money and plate, and to each a feather bed.

 WILL: Dated Aug 20, 1718; proved Oct 20, 1718. Portsmouth Probate Vol 2
1697-1725 p. 165-66. Sons: Richard eldest, George 2nd, Thomas 3rd, John & James; daus: Elizabeth Clarke, Anne Weeden, Hope Sanford, Ruth Tew & Abigail Tew; gdau Jane Sisson dau of son John; gdau Sarah Clark.

(George Sisson is my ninth great grandfather.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments and questions. If you do not have a public profile on Blogger, please leave contact information if you would like a response.