The Worland Family in America and Beyond

I began my life in the Puget Sound area of Washington State, on an island filled with forests and wild rhododendrons. I was separated from my Worland family there at an early age. Recently, I was reunited with my family and learned of my heritage. And so, this journey to know my ancestors began. The Worlands, Gideons, Newtons, Conards... they were the colonists, the settlers, the pioneers. They fought in the American Revolution, the War of 1812, the Civil War. This is their story, and the story of a nation. -Deci Worland MacKinnon

Monday, February 8, 2010

May 1726, Maryland

May 24, 1726- Maryland Prerogative Court Abstracts 1724- 1727 , page 30

John Roby Sr.: 11.346 Charles Co.,MD  L45.6.2 Apr. 23, 1726/ May 24, 1726
Appraisers: William Middleton, William Boswell
Creditors: Robert Hanson
Next of kin: William Roby,Richard Roby.
Admx: Sarah Roby

May 27, 1726- Maryland Prerogative Court Abstracts 1724-1731 (Libers 6-10), p. 51

John Roby: 7.38 A Charles Co.,MD L45.6.2 L23.0.10 May 27, 1726
Received from: John Marten, Thomas Roby, John Clubb, John Marton, James Kenneda, Hawkins, James Smallwood, Joseph Bladen, William Murphey, Thomas Sanders, Mr. Clemments,Richard Stevens, Matthew Breeden, John Wornell, Daniel Jenkins.
Payments to: Mr. Robert Harrison, John Cesly, John Kirkwood, Pat. Connelly, Edward Marlow.
Administratrix: Sarah Roby

---------------------------------
 
(John Robey is my 6th great grandfather. Sarah is his wife, Sarah Hines Luckett. She was the administratix of his estate following his death in 1724. William, Thomas, and Richard are their sons. Another son, John, was married to Sarah Smallwood; James Smallwood was his brother-in-law. Their daughter, Stacey, was married to John Worland II, listed here as John Wornell.
John Worland appears variously as John Wornell, John Warnall, and John Warland in documents of the time. John Worland II is my 5th great grandfather.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments and questions. If you do not have a public profile on Blogger, please leave contact information if you would like a response.