The Worland Family in America and Beyond

I began my life in the Puget Sound area of Washington State, on an island filled with forests and wild rhododendrons. I was separated from my Worland family there at an early age. Recently, I was reunited with my family and learned of my heritage. And so, this journey to know my ancestors began. The Worlands, Gideons, Newtons, Conards... they were the colonists, the settlers, the pioneers. They fought in the American Revolution, the War of 1812, the Civil War. This is their story, and the story of a nation. -Deci Worland MacKinnon

Friday, February 5, 2010

1726 Pennsylvania

1726- Jonas Potts is born to David Potts and Elizabeth Lane in Germantown, Pennsylvania.

(Jonas Potts is my fifth great granduncle.)

1726- Alice Lukens dies at the age of 40 in Montgomery County, Pennsylvania.
(Alice Lukens is my 1st cousin nine times removed. Our common ancestors are Mathias Dohrs and Agnes Neesen op den Graeff.)

1726- Madtis Conders, second son of Thones Kunders, dies in Germantown, Pennsylvania.

Will of Madtis Conders

I, Mathias Cunrade of German Township in the County of Philadelphia in the Province of Pensilvania, husbandman, being sick in body but of sound and perect mind and memory, praises be given to God for the same, this twenty ninth day of the eight month in the year One Thousand seven hundred twenty five doe make and ordain this my last will and testament in manner and form following hereby revoking all other Wills heretofore by me made.
 Imp I will That all my Just Debts and funeral expenses paid and dischared by my Executrix hereafter named. Item I give and bequeath out of my personal Estate the sum of Eight pounds to my beloved wife as a particular free gift.
 Item I give divise and bequeath my land and plantation whereupon I now dwell with allits appurtenances whatsovever contain Abt one hundred and fifty accers of Land more or less to be sold by my trusty and loving bro. John Cunrad of Upper Dublin & my bro: Henry of ------------------- together with my wife or by the Survivor or survivors of them and make good title thereof to the buyer & to their heirs forever to the only and proper wife, one third part of the purchase or value of the said land when sold, to my wife during her life; and After her decease to be divided by her among my children viz: Anthony, Margaret, Cornelius, Magdalen, William, John and Mathias or among the survivors of them. And the other two thirds of my said land and plantation be sold for to be equally divided among my said children or among the surviviors of them when sold.
 Item It is my will That my personal Estate be divided among my wife and my said children reserving to my wife her third thereof and the remaider viz the two thirds part of my sd personal estat to be equally divided among my children, but if any happen to die after dividend be made, & before such attain tothe age of one and Twenty, or be married it is my Will and Desire that my Wife and children may live peacably and lovinly together on my plantation, and that my children be maintained out of the profits therof during their minority. Alsoe I doe hereby nominate and appoint my said loving bretheran John and Henry cunrade to be Guardians of my children according to the true intent and meaning of this my Will, and A soe it is my Will That if my son Anthony be inclined to purchase my sd land and plantation when it is intended for sale, it is my Will that he may have the offer before any other upon reasonable terms.
 Item I nomiate and appoint my well beloved wife to be sole executrix of this my last Will and Testament.

ye mark of M Mathias Cunrade

Signed and published in the presence of Rouland Ellis, Katharine Ellis, rouland Ellis Junr. (Proven April 2nd, 1726)

(Madtis Conders is my seventh great granduncle. Our common ancestors are Thones Kunders and Elin Theisson.)

March 8, 1726- Isaac Norris and his wife Mary [Lloyd] convey to Thomas Potts, Jr., a plantation of 140 acres in Roxbury.

(Thomas Potts, Jr., is my 1st cousin eight times removed. Our common ancestors are Thomas Potts & Elizabeth Baset. Jonas Potts is his first cousin once removed.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments and questions. If you do not have a public profile on Blogger, please leave contact information if you would like a response.