The Worland Family in America and Beyond

I began my life in the Puget Sound area of Washington State, on an island filled with forests and wild rhododendrons. I was separated from my Worland family there at an early age. Recently, I was reunited with my family and learned of my heritage. And so, this journey to know my ancestors began. The Worlands, Gideons, Newtons, Conards... they were the colonists, the settlers, the pioneers. They fought in the American Revolution, the War of 1812, the Civil War. This is their story, and the story of a nation. -Deci Worland MacKinnon

Saturday, February 13, 2010

February 1726, Maryland

February 1, 1726- Margaret Drury, widow of John Tant, has died in St. Mary's County, Maryland at the age of 70.

Tant, Margrett. 24th Dec., 1725; 1st Feb., 1725-6.
To grandson Marke Lampton, £15 and personalty at age of 21.
To grandson William Thompson, £15 at age of 21; shd. he die during minority, sd. legacy to pass to his bro. Henry.
To Rev. Francis Loyd,, 40s.
To grandson John Manning, personalty; he dying during minority, to pass to 2 grandsons Joseph and Vitus Harbert and their hrs.
To grandsons Walter Pye, Joseph Harbert and daus. Margaret Pye,, Jean Thompson and Winefrid Harbert, personalty.
Son-in-law Richard Thompson ex. and residuary legatee.
Test: John Waughop, Geo. Craghill, John Little. 18.403,

(Margaret Drury is my seventh great grandaunt. Our common ancestor is Robert Drury. There are conflicting sources here, some note John Tant's wife as Margaret Bloomfield. At this point in my research, I am treating Margaret Drury and Margaret Bloomfield as alternate names for the same individual. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.
However, we do know that John and Margaret Tant had a grandson named Marke Lampton, the son of Marke Lampton of Charles County, Maryland...who I believe married their daughter Ann.
Grandson William Thompson and his brother Henry are the sons of their daughter Jane and husband Thomas Thompson of Charles County. Jane's sister Susannah was married to Richard Thompson, brother of Thomas.
Grandson John Manning is the son of their daughter Mary and husband John Manning of St. Mary's. Grandsons Joseph and Vitus are sons of Vitus Herbert of St. Mary's and Winifred Tant, daughter of John & Margaret.
Daughter Margaret had married Walter Pye of St. Mary's.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments and questions. If you do not have a public profile on Blogger, please leave contact information if you would like a response.