The Worland Family in America and Beyond

I began my life in the Puget Sound area of Washington State, on an island filled with forests and wild rhododendrons. I was separated from my Worland family there at an early age. Recently, I was reunited with my family and learned of my heritage. And so, this journey to know my ancestors began. The Worlands, Gideons, Newtons, Conards... they were the colonists, the settlers, the pioneers. They fought in the American Revolution, the War of 1812, the Civil War. This is their story, and the story of a nation. -Deci Worland MacKinnon

Friday, November 27, 2009

1747 Pennsylvania

1747- Cunraed Cunraeds, the oldest child of Thones and Elin Kunders, seems to have spent most of his married life in Worcester Township in Montgomery County, Pennsylvania, and died there in 1747, aged sixty-nine years.
His will was dated Feb. 2, 1747, and was proved in March of the same year, showing that he died between those dates. His wife probably died before him, not being mentioned in the will.
His oldest son, Anthony, was willed five shillings. In 1737, Cunraed had deeded a farm of seventy-five acres to his son, Anthony, and may have considered that Anthony had received his proper share. (Anthony would not long survive his father, he died within weeks of his father's death. I would guess this was the result of some illness or an epidemic, I am researching this.)
His son Henry was given the homestead "the 100 acres I bought of Anthony Morris." This is supposed to have been the Heebner farm, near the Worcester creamery.
His third son, James, received the residue of his father's land. He and Henry were the executors. One son, John, seems to have been of weak or infirm mind, as his share of /40 is left in trust to his brothers, Anthony and Henry. He had six children, all sons, named respectively, Anthony, Henry, James, John, Joseph and Dennis, all of whom married and had children except John and Joseph.

(Cunraed Cunraeds is my 7th great grandfather.)

March 1747- Anthony Cunraeds (Conard, Cunard) dies in Worcester Township, Montgomery County, Pennsylvania. In his will, he is referred to as a yoeman, son of Cunraed. His will was proved at Salford, March 17, 1747. It names his wife, Sarah, cousin Daniel Morgan, his brother James and his children, and his children: John, Jonathan, Margaret, Elizabeth, Ann, Jane, and an unborn child.
 
(Anthony Cunard is my 6th great grandfather.)
 
1747- Agnes Conard is born to Sarah Hatfield Conard sometime after the death of her father, Anthony Conard.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments and questions. If you do not have a public profile on Blogger, please leave contact information if you would like a response.