The Worland Family in America and Beyond

I began my life in the Puget Sound area of Washington State, on an island filled with forests and wild rhododendrons. I was separated from my Worland family there at an early age. Recently, I was reunited with my family and learned of my heritage. And so, this journey to know my ancestors began. The Worlands, Gideons, Newtons, Conards... they were the colonists, the settlers, the pioneers. They fought in the American Revolution, the War of 1812, the Civil War. This is their story, and the story of a nation. -Deci Worland MacKinnon

Monday, October 3, 2011

March 1739, Pennsylvania

Official seal of City of PhiladelphiaMarch 7, 1739- Aquila Potts is born to Ezekiel Potts & Magdalen Miller in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.

March 29, 1739- Reynear Tyson, son of Matthias Tyson & Mary Potts, marries Grace Fletcher, daughter of Robert Fletcher, at the Abington meeting, Abington, Montgomery, Pennsylvania.
Among the witnesses who signed the marriage certificate were, John Tyson, Thomas Potts, Thomas Roberts, Jr., Mary Tyson, David Potts, and Thomas Potts, Jr..

(Aquila Potts is my second cousin 7 times removed. Our common ancestors are Thomas Potts & Elizabeth Baset.
Reynear Tyson is my second cousin 8 times removed. Our common ancestors are Mathias Dohrs & Agnes Neesgen Op den Graeff and Coentgen Lenssen Coenis & Anna Entgen Thones.)
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments and questions. If you do not have a public profile on Blogger, please leave contact information if you would like a response.