The Worland Family in America and Beyond

I began my life in the Puget Sound area of Washington State, on an island filled with forests and wild rhododendrons. I was separated from my Worland family there at an early age. Recently, I was reunited with my family and learned of my heritage. And so, this journey to know my ancestors began. The Worlands, Gideons, Newtons, Conards... they were the colonists, the settlers, the pioneers. They fought in the American Revolution, the War of 1812, the Civil War. This is their story, and the story of a nation. -Deci Worland MacKinnon

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

May 1731, Connecticut

May 2, 1731- My eighth great grandaunt, Elizabeth Doolittle, dies at the age of 79 in New Haven, Connecticut. She lies buried beside her husband in Montowese Cemetery, North Haven.
Tombstone reads: "Here lies ye Body of Mrs Elizabeth ye Wife of Mr John Brockett who died
March 1731"
Elizabeth was the daughter of Abraham Doolittle & Joan Alling.
Her family moved to Wallingford about 1668, and there a few years later Elizabeth married Dr. John Brockett.

May 5, 1731- Samuel Hall is born to Daniel Hall & Martha Doolittle in Wallingford, New Haven, Connecticut.

May 12, 1731- Lois Tyler is born to Nathan Tyler & Rachel Tuttle in Wallingford, New Haven, Connecticut.

May 17, 1731- Ebenezer Blakeslee marries Jemima Tuttle in New Haven, Connecticut.

(Samuel Hall is my first cousin 8 times removed. Our common ancestors are Samuel Doolittle & Mary Cornwall. Elizabeth Doolittle is Samuel's grandaunt. Lois Tyler and Jemima Tuttle are Elizabeth Doolittle's great grandnieces. Lois Tyler and Samuel Hall are first cousins once removed.
Lois Tyler is my third cousin 7 times removed. Jemima Tuttle is her second cousin once removed. Jemima Tuttle is my second cousin 8 times removed. Samuel Hall is Jemima's second cousin. Our common ancestor is Abraham Doolittle.)
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments and questions. If you do not have a public profile on Blogger, please leave contact information if you would like a response.