The Worland Family in America and Beyond

I began my life in the Puget Sound area of Washington State, on an island filled with forests and wild rhododendrons. I was separated from my Worland family there at an early age. Recently, I was reunited with my family and learned of my heritage. And so, this journey to know my ancestors began. The Worlands, Gideons, Newtons, Conards... they were the colonists, the settlers, the pioneers. They fought in the American Revolution, the War of 1812, the Civil War. This is their story, and the story of a nation. -Deci Worland MacKinnon

Sunday, November 1, 2009

More on Peter Gideon

I found this information in the book Virginia and West Virginia Genealogical Data from Revolutionary War Pension ... By Patrick G. Wardell.

Born 3/22/1752 near Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Resided in Taneytown, Maryland in 1775. In 1833, he lived in Loudoun County, Virginia, about 4 miles from Hillsboro. In 1840, he lived for a time in Ohio.
In 1842, he returned to his farm in Loudoun County, Virginia. He died 2/25/1844.

(Peter Gideon is my 4th great grandfather.)

Other sources state that Peter's father, Peter Heinrich Gideon, also served in the Revolutionary War and was killed in battle.

1 comment:

  1. Hello Deci, I am a descendant of Peter Heinrich Gideon through his son Peter, then George, then Peter Miller Gideon the horticulturalist. My great grandfather was Cecil Clyde Gideon who played a key role in the planning and building of the Pigtail Bridges in South Dakota in Custer State Park. Yours is the first site in which I have read that Peter Heinrich died in the Revolutionary War. Thank you for that information and if you don't mind, could you direct me towards where you located that info? Thank you very much. ~Linda McDonald Hite, Lancaster PA bojohite@gmail.com Please feel free to contact me!

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your comments and questions. If you do not have a public profile on Blogger, please leave contact information if you would like a response.