The Worland Family in America and Beyond

I began my life in the Puget Sound area of Washington State, on an island filled with forests and wild rhododendrons. I was separated from my Worland family there at an early age. Recently, I was reunited with my family and learned of my heritage. And so, this journey to know my ancestors began. The Worlands, Gideons, Newtons, Conards... they were the colonists, the settlers, the pioneers. They fought in the American Revolution, the War of 1812, the Civil War. This is their story, and the story of a nation. -Deci Worland MacKinnon

Friday, February 25, 2011

November 1734, Connecticut

Founding of New Haven, Connecticut Valley Migr...Image by CT State Library via Flickr
November 6, 1734- Giles Doolittle is born to Daniel Doolittle & Elizabeth Dayton in New Haven, Connecticut.

November 14, 1734- Rebecca Doolittle is born to Jonathan Doolittle & Rebecca Ranney in Middletown, Middlesex, Connecticut.

November 28, 1734- Sarah Moss is born to Solomon Moss & Sarah Fenn in Wallingford, New Haven, Connecticut.

Lydia Doolittle and John Joyce are married in Wallingford, Connecticut. They would divorce in 1738.

(Lydia Doolittle is my first cousin 9 times removed. Rebecca Doolittle is her first cousin. Our common ancestor is Abraham Doolittle.
Rebecca Doolittle is my first cousin 8 times removed. Our common ancestors are Samuel Doolittle & Mary Cornwall and George Hubbard & Elizabeth Watts. Giles Doolittle is her second cousin.
Giles Doolittle is my second cousin 8 times removed. Our common ancestors are Abraham Doolittle & Abigail Moss and John Cornwall & Martha Peck.
Sarah Moss is my second cousin 9 times removed. Our common ancestors are John Moss & Abigail Charles. Giles Doolittle is her second cousin once removed.)
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments and questions. If you do not have a public profile on Blogger, please leave contact information if you would like a response.