The Worland Family in America and Beyond

I began my life in the Puget Sound area of Washington State, on an island filled with forests and wild rhododendrons. I was separated from my Worland family there at an early age. Recently, I was reunited with my family and learned of my heritage. And so, this journey to know my ancestors began. The Worlands, Gideons, Newtons, Conards... they were the colonists, the settlers, the pioneers. They fought in the American Revolution, the War of 1812, the Civil War. This is their story, and the story of a nation. -Deci Worland MacKinnon

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

1710 Pennsylvania

1710- John Conard is born to Cunraed Cunraeds & Anne Klincken in Germantown, Philadelphia County, Pennsylvania.

Cornelius Conard is born to Madtis Conard & Barbara Tyson in Germantown.

An excerpt from The Friend, Volume 35, December 28, 1861:

CORNELIUS CONRAD.
This Friend, a grandson of Dennis Conrad, who came from Crefelt, in Germany, was born in Abington, Philadelphia county, about the year 1712. His father died when he was quite young, and in the liberty which this event gave him, he ran out from the simplicity of the Truth. Yet, under the visitations of divine Grace, he was preserved from gross evils, and with advancing years, his conduct became more steady, and his conversation more sedate.

Nathan Potts is born to David Potts & Alice Croasdale in Bristol Township, Buck's County, Pennsylvania.

(John Conard is my sixth great granduncle. Cornelius Conard is my first cousin 8 times removed. John and Cornelius are first cousins. Our common ancestors are Thones Kunders & Elin Theisson.
Nathan Potts is my first cousin 8 times removed. Our common ancestors are Thomas Potts & Elizabeth Baset.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments and questions. If you do not have a public profile on Blogger, please leave contact information if you would like a response.