The Worland Family in America and Beyond

I began my life in the Puget Sound area of Washington State, on an island filled with forests and wild rhododendrons. I was separated from my Worland family there at an early age. Recently, I was reunited with my family and learned of my heritage. And so, this journey to know my ancestors began. The Worlands, Gideons, Newtons, Conards... they were the colonists, the settlers, the pioneers. They fought in the American Revolution, the War of 1812, the Civil War. This is their story, and the story of a nation. -Deci Worland MacKinnon

Monday, May 24, 2010

1710 Maryland

1710- John Drury is born to John Drury & Mary Ford in St. Mary's County, Maryland.

John Hardy is born to William Hardy & Elizabeth Hayden in Charles County, Maryland. Another son, Ignatius Hardy, is born near that time, I have not found an exact year for Ignatius.

Simon Reeder is born to John Reeder & Mary Hayden in St. Mary's County, Maryland.

Mark Heard is born to William Heard & Elizabeth Cole in St. Mary's County, Maryland.

Robert Cole III and Sarah Elizabeth Herbert are married in St. Mary's County, Maryland.

Robert Cole, son of Edward, marries Elizabeth Tant in St. Mary's County, Maryland. His sister, Susannah Cole, marries George Jenkins in St. Mary's County.

(John Drury is my fifth great grandfather. Robert Cole III is my seventh great grandfather.
Robert, son of Edward, is my first cousin 9 times removed. The two Roberts and Mark Heard are first cousins. Mark Heard is my second cousin 8 times removed. Our common ancestors are Robert Cole & Rebecca Gill.
John Hardy and Ignatius Hardy are my fifth great granduncles.
Simon Reeder is my first cousin 7 times removed. Our common ancestors are Francis Hayden & Thomasine Butler.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments and questions. If you do not have a public profile on Blogger, please leave contact information if you would like a response.