The Worland Family in America and Beyond

I began my life in the Puget Sound area of Washington State, on an island filled with forests and wild rhododendrons. I was separated from my Worland family there at an early age. Recently, I was reunited with my family and learned of my heritage. And so, this journey to know my ancestors began. The Worlands, Gideons, Newtons, Conards... they were the colonists, the settlers, the pioneers. They fought in the American Revolution, the War of 1812, the Civil War. This is their story, and the story of a nation. -Deci Worland MacKinnon

Sunday, July 19, 2009

Will of John Worland III

January 8, 1790-

WILLS WASHINGTON COUNTY, MARYLAND
Liber A folio 41
In the name of God, Amen. I, John Worland, of Washington County, and state of Maryland, being sick & weak in body but of sound and disposing mind, memory and understanding, considering the certainty of death and the uncertainty of the time thereof and being desirous to settle my worldly affairs and thereby be the better prepared to leave this world when it shall please God to call me home do therefore make and publish this my last will & testament in manner and form following that is to say.
First & principally I commit my soul in the hand of Almighty God and my body to the earth to be decently buried at the discretion of my executors hereinafter named, and after my debts and funeral charges are paid I desire & bequeath as follows
First I give devise and bequeath all my estate both personal and real to my beloved wife Mary and to my five youngest children, Thomas Worland, Walter Worland, Barnabas Worland, Lucy Worland, & Rebecca Worland for and during the life time & during the widowhood of my said beloved wife Mary and in case of her death my will is that the whole of my estate both personal and real shall remain with & be in the hands of my five youngest children above named until the youngest of them arrives at the full age of twenty-one years.
That my plantation whereon I now live containing one hundred & sixteen acres to be sold and then equally divided among all my children vid. John, Charles, Henry, William, James, Eleanor & Anastasia, Thomas, Walter, Barnabas, Lucy and Rebecca share & share alike or to their heirs.
All and the whole residue of my estate I give devise and bequeath unto my five youngest children, Thomas, Walter, Barnabas, Lucy & Rebecca to be equally divided amongst them share & share alike to them & their heirs.
Lastly I do hereby constitute and appoint my beloved wife Mary & my son Thomas Worland to be my executors of this my last will & testament revoking & annuling all former wills by me heretofore made ratifying and confirming this and none other to be my last will & testament in testimony whereof I have hereunto set my hand and suffixed my seal this eighth day of January in the year of our Lord one thousand seven hundred and ninety.

1 comment:

  1. The ancestor of this family was Hogn Worland of Little Staughton, Bedfordshire UK. I will try to find out more aouthim as I also have Worland ancestry in Bedfordshire, but in Eaton Socon and Roxton. The famiies could be related back in the 17th C.

    Brenda Cox reedcox@aol.com

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your comments and questions. If you do not have a public profile on Blogger, please leave contact information if you would like a response.