The Worland Family in America and Beyond

I began my life in the Puget Sound area of Washington State, on an island filled with forests and wild rhododendrons. I was separated from my Worland family there at an early age. Recently, I was reunited with my family and learned of my heritage. And so, this journey to know my ancestors began. The Worlands, Gideons, Newtons, Conards... they were the colonists, the settlers, the pioneers. They fought in the American Revolution, the War of 1812, the Civil War. This is their story, and the story of a nation. -Deci Worland MacKinnon

Sunday, July 12, 2009

1808 Kentucky

1808- From "The Centenary of Catholicity in Kentucky" by Hon. Ben J. Webb:

I James Leak, T.C. Jenkins, James Gough and Thomas Worland, applied by letter to Bishop John Carroll for instructions in regard to a proposed sale of the church property in Scott, and the investment of the proceeds of the sale in more desirable realty for church purposes.

There is some evidence that Thomas Worland may have returned to Maryland at least once on errands for the Catholic Church.
The following letter from Father Edward Dominic Fenwich to Archbishop Carroll in Maryland, suggests this:

I have troubled you with so many of my scrowls of late that I am almost ashamed to attempt it again. But so favorable an opportunity as this by Mr. Thomas Worland, trustee of St. Francis Chapel, in Scott County, will, I trust, be a sufficient apology.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments and questions. If you do not have a public profile on Blogger, please leave contact information if you would like a response.