The Worland Family in America and Beyond

I began my life in the Puget Sound area of Washington State, on an island filled with forests and wild rhododendrons. I was separated from my Worland family there at an early age. Recently, I was reunited with my family and learned of my heritage. And so, this journey to know my ancestors began. The Worlands, Gideons, Newtons, Conards... they were the colonists, the settlers, the pioneers. They fought in the American Revolution, the War of 1812, the Civil War. This is their story, and the story of a nation. -Deci Worland MacKinnon

Thursday, July 14, 2011

February 1738, Massachusetts

Febrary 1, 1738- Seth Sherman and Ruth Lapham are married in Dartmouth, Massachusetts.

February 17, 1738- My ninth great grandfather, Hugh Cole, dies at the age of 79 in Swansea, Bristol, Massachusetts. He lies buried, along with his wife Deborah Buckland, in the Kickemuit burying ground, Warren, Rhode Island. 

February 22, 1738- John Wetmore dies at the age of 83 in Medford, Middlesex County, Massachusetts.

February 23, 1738- Ishmael Tripp is born to Benoni Tripp & Elizabeth Mosher in Dartmouth, Bristol County, Massachusetts.

(Seth Sherman is my second cousin 9 times removed. Our common ancestors are Thomas Lawton & Elizabeth Salisbury.
John Wetmore is my first cousin 10 times removed. Our common ancestor is John Whitmore.
Ishmael Tripp is my third cousin 8 times removed. Our common ancestors are Richard Sisson & Mary Atkinson.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments and questions. If you do not have a public profile on Blogger, please leave contact information if you would like a response.