The Worland Family in America and Beyond

I began my life in the Puget Sound area of Washington State, on an island filled with forests and wild rhododendrons. I was separated from my Worland family there at an early age. Recently, I was reunited with my family and learned of my heritage. And so, this journey to know my ancestors began. The Worlands, Gideons, Newtons, Conards... they were the colonists, the settlers, the pioneers. They fought in the American Revolution, the War of 1812, the Civil War. This is their story, and the story of a nation. -Deci Worland MacKinnon

Friday, July 29, 2011

April 1738, Rhode Island

April 10, 1738- John Sisson is born to Joseph Sisson & Bathsheba Cook in Portsmouth, Rhode Island.
Sarah Sanford is born to Richard Sanford & Elizabeth Coggeshall in Newport, Rhode Island.

(John Sisson and Sarah Sanford are my second cousins 8 times removed. They are second cousins. Our common ancestors are George Sisson & Sarah Lawton.)
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments and questions. If you do not have a public profile on Blogger, please leave contact information if you would like a response.