The Worland Family in America and Beyond

I began my life in the Puget Sound area of Washington State, on an island filled with forests and wild rhododendrons. I was separated from my Worland family there at an early age. Recently, I was reunited with my family and learned of my heritage. And so, this journey to know my ancestors began. The Worlands, Gideons, Newtons, Conards... they were the colonists, the settlers, the pioneers. They fought in the American Revolution, the War of 1812, the Civil War. This is their story, and the story of a nation. -Deci Worland MacKinnon

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

October 1736, Pennsylvania

October 14, 1736- John Williams dies at the age of 31 in Whitemarsh, Pennsylvania.
The son of John Williams and Eleanor Klincken, he married Catharine Marle in 1732.
His will is recorded in Philadelphia.  It mentions his wife, Catharine, his minor son Joseph, and minor daughter
Margaret.
Executor, wife Catharine, "with advice and consent of Anthony Williams and John Moore". Signed Aug. 20, 1736.
Witnesses, Samuel Morris, Anthony Tunis, Evan Jones.  Proved Sept. 11, 1736.

October 30, 1736- Nathan Potts marries Esther Rhoades in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Nathan is a blacksmith by trade. The couple settled in Whitemarsh Township, now included in Montgomery County.
The marriage appears in the records of the First Presbyterian Church of Philadelphia. As his marriage was accomplished contrary to the usage of Friends, he was required to make acknowledgment for his "outgoing," which he made November 31, 1742, to Abington Monthly Meeting. .

(John Williams is my first cousin 8 times removed. Our common ancestors are Aret Klincken & Niske Agnes Jensen.
Nathan Potts is my first cousin 8 times removed. Our common ancestors are Thomas Potts & Elizabeth Baset.)
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments and questions. If you do not have a public profile on Blogger, please leave contact information if you would like a response.