The Worland Family in America and Beyond

I began my life in the Puget Sound area of Washington State, on an island filled with forests and wild rhododendrons. I was separated from my Worland family there at an early age. Recently, I was reunited with my family and learned of my heritage. And so, this journey to know my ancestors began. The Worlands, Gideons, Newtons, Conards... they were the colonists, the settlers, the pioneers. They fought in the American Revolution, the War of 1812, the Civil War. This is their story, and the story of a nation. -Deci Worland MacKinnon

Saturday, April 16, 2011

February 1736, Pennsylvania

February 21, 1736- My seventh great grandaunt, Eleanor Klincken, dies at the age of 65 in Germantown, Philadelphia county, Pennsylvania.

Eleanor was the daughter of Arents Klincken & Niske Agnes Jensen, who came from Dalem, near Creyfelt, in Holland, to this country in 1683, having known William Penn in Holland. Arents Klincken built the first two-story house ever raised in Germantown, Pennsylvania, having been present and partaken of the raising-dinner. It stood near the southwest corner of Main and Tulpehocken Streets. Arents Klincken served several years as burgess of Germantown, but finally, in 1691, declined longer service for conscience' sake.

Eleanor was born in Germany, and in 1696, married John Williams in Germantown. They built the first brick house in Germantown.

Eleanor lies buried in the Friend's Burying Ground in Germantown.

Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments and questions. If you do not have a public profile on Blogger, please leave contact information if you would like a response.