|St. Francis Xavier|
In 1974, a list of early priests and nuns of Maryland birth who entered convents or monasteries abroad in the 17th and 18th centuries was compiled by Brother Thomas W. Spalding, C.F.X. It contains this entry:
LIVERS, Arnold. Son of Arnold (and Helena ?) Livers of Prince George's Co. h. 11 May 1705. Entered the Society of Jesus 7 Sep. 1724 and was ordained. He returned to Md. in 1734 and served at St. Thomas Manor, Newtown, and St. Inigoes, where he d. 16 Aug. 1767.
Arnold Livers attended the College of Liege, Flanders, where he studied Philosophy and Theology. He entered the Society of Jesus in Watten, Holland on September 7, 1724. In 1733 he graduated, was ordained and assigned to the missions of Maryland.
Upon arriving in Maryland, he was assigned to St. Thomas Manor in Charles County. He was assigned to St. Francis Xavier in Newtown, St. Mary's County, where he received his final vows in 1742. He then was assigned to St. Ignatius church on Cross Manor, St. Inigoes in St. Mary's County, where he remained until his death in 1767.
Prince George's County, Conewago Chapel in Pennsylvania, and later at the Elder chapel at the home of his sister, Jacoba Clementina Livers Elder, in Emmitsburg, Frederick County.