The Worland Family in America and Beyond

I began my life in the Puget Sound area of Washington State, on an island filled with forests and wild rhododendrons. I was separated from my Worland family there at an early age. Recently, I was reunited with my family and learned of my heritage. And so, this journey to know my ancestors began. The Worlands, Gideons, Newtons, Conards... they were the colonists, the settlers, the pioneers. They fought in the American Revolution, the War of 1812, the Civil War. This is their story, and the story of a nation. -Deci Worland MacKinnon

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

December 1725, Pennsylvania

Thones Kunders's house (stood at 5109 Germanto...Image via Wikipedia

Etching of Thones Kunders' House which stood at 5109 Germantown Ave.

December 21, 1725- Madtis Conders dies at the age of 45 in Germantown, Philadelphia County, Pennsylvania. Madtis, son of Thones Kunders, was born in Germany in 1680. He was a farmer. He married Barbara Tyson, daughter of Reiner Tyson, in 1705. Madtis was married at Germantown and continued to live there during his married life. His seven children, who later adopted the name "Conard", were all born there.

WILL OF MADTIS CONDERS


I Mathias Cunrade of German Township in the County of Philadelphia in the Province of Pensilvania husbandman being sick in body but of sound and perfect mind and memory, praises be given to God for the same, this twenty ninth day of the eight month in the year One Thousand seven hundred twenty five doe make and ordain this my last will and testament in manner and form following hereby revoking all other Wills heretofore by me made. Imp I will That all my Just Debts and funeral expenses paid and discharged by my Executrix hereafter named. Item I give and bequeath out of my personal Estate the sum of Eight pounds to my beloved wife as a particular free gift. Item I give devise and bequeath my land and plantation whereupon I now dwell with all its appurtenances whatsoever contain Abt one hundred and fifty accers of Land more or less to be sold by my trusty and loving bro. John Cunrad of Upper Dublin & my bro. Henry of _______ together with my wife or by the Survivor or survivors of them and make good title thereof to the buyer & to their heirs forever to the only and proper of my wife, one third part of the purchase or value of the said land when sold, to my wife during her life; and After her decease to be divided by her among my children viz : Anthony, Margaret, Cornelius, Magdalen, William, John and Mathias or among the survivors of them. And the other two thirds of my said land and plantation be sold for to be equally divided among my said children or among the survivors of them when sold. Item It is my will That my personal Estate be divided among my wife and my said children reserving to my wife her third thereof and the remainder viz the two thirds part of my sd personal estat to be equally divided among my children, but if any happen to die after dividend be made, & before such attain to the age of one and Twenty, or be married It is my will that the Dividend or proportion fall among the survivors of my children. Item it is my Will and Desire that my Wife and children may live peaceably and lovingly together on my plantation, and that my children be maintained out of the profits thereof during their minority. Alsoe I doe hereby nominal and appoint my said loving bretheren John and Henry Cunrade to be Guardians of my children according to the true intent and meaning of this my Will, And Alsoe it is my Will That if my son Anthony be inclined to purchase my sd land and plantation when it is intended for sale. It is my Will that he may have the offer before any other upon reasonable terms Item I nominat and appoint my well beloved wife to be sole executrix of this my last Will and Testament.
Ye mark of M MATHIAS CUNRADE


Signed and published in the presence of Rouland Ellis, Katharine Ellis, Katharine Ellis junr.

[Proven April 2nd, 1726.]

He is buried in the Upper Burying Ground, in Germantown.

Upper Burying Ground, Germantown, PAImage by road_less_trvled via Flickr

(Madtis Conders is my seventh great granduncle. Our common ancestors are Thones Kunders & Ellen Theisson.)

Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments and questions. If you do not have a public profile on Blogger, please leave contact information if you would like a response.