The Worland Family in America and Beyond

I began my life in the Puget Sound area of Washington State, on an island filled with forests and wild rhododendrons. I was separated from my Worland family there at an early age. Recently, I was reunited with my family and learned of my heritage. And so, this journey to know my ancestors began. The Worlands, Gideons, Newtons, Conards... they were the colonists, the settlers, the pioneers. They fought in the American Revolution, the War of 1812, the Civil War. This is their story, and the story of a nation. -Deci Worland MacKinnon

Monday, October 12, 2009

1755 Virginia

1755- Loudoun County is formed from the northern part of Fairfax County, and David Potts' land is included in the new County.
The land of David Potts was located in a valley known as Between-the-Hills. Between-the-Hills lies on the western slopes of Short Hill mountain and the eastern slopes of the Blue Ridge mountain.
Quaker meetings were held at the house of David Potts for several years, it being commonly known as Potts' Meeting. The Fairfax Monthly Meeting of August 30, 1755, has this entry:

"The Friends living above Short Hill Ridge have a meeting kept at David Potts' House, this meeting thinks it reasonable, and allows them to hold meeting on every first and third First-Day in every month till further orders."


No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments and questions. If you do not have a public profile on Blogger, please leave contact information if you would like a response.