The Worland Family in America and Beyond

I began my life in the Puget Sound area of Washington State, on an island filled with forests and wild rhododendrons. I was separated from my Worland family there at an early age. Recently, I was reunited with my family and learned of my heritage. And so, this journey to know my ancestors began. The Worlands, Gideons, Newtons, Conards... they were the colonists, the settlers, the pioneers. They fought in the American Revolution, the War of 1812, the Civil War. This is their story, and the story of a nation. -Deci Worland MacKinnon

Monday, February 17, 2014

Maryland 1743

Tidal wetlands of Chesapeake Bay, Maryland, USA.
Tidal wetlands of Chesapeake Bay, Maryland
1743: My fourth great granduncle, George Hardy, assumes property of his father, William Hardy. He is 26 years old.
His father had died August 16, 1740, and had stated in his will, "son George to be Exec and to take the five youngest children to keare (sic) for them until they are of age.." The four youngest were raised under his care, Mary Anne was raised by Elizabeth Hogging.
 
Prince George's Land Records 1739-1743 - Liber Y - Page 616.
I, George Hardey, son of William Hardy of PG, planter, have, in consideration of bringing up the orphans of William Hardey, decd, and paying sd orphans their parts of the estate left them by their father's will in goods, chattels, or current money of Maryland by George Hardey Sr of PG, I have transferred to myself, a Negro woman named Ann, a pair of hand mill stones, 2 feather beds, 1 flock bed, 3 iron pots, 5 pewter dishes, 12 pewter plates, I gray horse, 1 bay horse, I bay mare, 4 cows & 2 heifers, and 2 calves, 18 hogs, all of which were part of the estate & effects of Wrn Hardey, lately decd, which came to my hands as executor of sd William Hardy. Signed - George Hardey Jr. Wit - William Hardey Sr, Peter Hoggins, William Sturges. Recorded Mar 9, 1743.

William Hardy, son of George Hardy & Elizabeth Drane, marries Elizabeth Lanham, daughter of Richard Lanham & Winifred Jenkins. A daughter, Verlinda, is born later that year in Prince George's County, Maryland.

A son, Arnold, is born to Thomas Newton & Susannah Howard in St. Mary's County, Maryland.

 A son, Thomas Darnall Stevens, is born to William Stevens & Rebecca Darnall in Maryland.

A daughter, Anne, is born to John Raley & Mary Heard in St. Mary's County, Maryland.

Michael Taney, son of Michael Taney & Mary Neale, marries Jane Doyne, daughter of Ignatius Doyne & Elizabeth Craycroft.

(William Hardy is my first cousin 6 times removed. Our common ancestors are William Hardy & Elizabeth Hayden and Anthony Drane & Elizabeth Mockbee Nicholls.
Arnold Newton is my first cousin 6 times removed. Our common ancestors are Thomas & Katherine Newton.
 Thomas Darnell Stevens is my third cousin 4 times removed. Our common ancestors are John Robey & Sarah Hines Luckett.
Anne Raley is my third cousin 6 times removed. Our common ancestors are Rebecca Gill and Oliver Mainwaring & Margaret Torbock.
Michael Taney is my third cousin 7 times removed. Our common ancestors are  Benjamin Gill & Mary Mainwaring.)
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments and questions. If you do not have a public profile on Blogger, please leave contact information if you would like a response.