The Worland Family in America and Beyond

I began my life in the Puget Sound area of Washington State, on an island filled with forests and wild rhododendrons. I was separated from my Worland family there at an early age. Recently, I was reunited with my family and learned of my heritage. And so, this journey to know my ancestors began. The Worlands, Gideons, Newtons, Conards... they were the colonists, the settlers, the pioneers. They fought in the American Revolution, the War of 1812, the Civil War. This is their story, and the story of a nation. -Deci Worland MacKinnon

Sunday, March 21, 2010

1721 Maryland

1721- John Mills and Mary Manning are married in St. Mary's County, Maryland.

Cornelius Manning, Mary's father, dies in St. Mary's County, Maryland.

Elizabeth Thompson is born to Thomas Thompson & Jane Tant in St. Mary's County, Maryland.

Richard Hayden is born to William Hayden & Elizabeth Thompson in St. Mary's County, Maryland.

(Mary Manning is my third cousin 6 times removed. Cornelius is Mary's father, he is my second cousin 7 times removed. Elizabeth Thompson is my second cousin 7 times removed. Mary and Elizabeth are first cousins. Our common ancestor is Robert Drury.
Richard Hayden is my fifth great granduncle. His mother Elizabeth is not related to the Elizabeth Thompson born to Jane & Thomas Thompson.)

10 Apr 1721 - 15 Aug 1721  The Last Will of Cornelis Manning:

In the name of God Amen. I Cornelius MANNING of St. Mary's County being sick of body but of sound & perfect memory thanks be to god do make & ordaine this my last will & Testament in form following.
First I give unto my loving wife the plantation I now live on commonly called Hattons, during her natural life provided that my said wife shall abide & live hereupon during her life, and if my said wife should leave the said plantation and leave also where that then it shall be in the power of John MILLS my other executor to take the said plantation unto his _____ ______ & Keep the the same and the houses in tenent able repair until my son Cornelius MANNING shall arive to age and then the said plantation & tract of land thereunto belonging
I give and bequeath unto my said son Cornelius MANNING all the plantation in porke hall neck whereon Henry NOWELL lately lived and now possed by Doctor JOHNSON according to the meets and bonds that Henry NOWELL held to him the said Cornelius MANNING his heirs and assignes forever.
I give and bequeath unto my son Cornelius MANNING all that plantation and tract of lane in Smiths Neck called Mannings Hold together with a tract of land thereunto adjoyning to Calverts Creek bought of George PARKER to him the said Cornelius and to the heirs of his body lawfully begotten and for want of such heirs to his sister and to the survivour of them & to their heirs and asignes of the survivour of them forever.
I give & bequeath unto my two daughters Mary MILLS and Ann MANNING the remaining part of Porke Hall Neck to be equally devided between them the said Mary and Ann their & either of their heirs & assignes forever. And my true intent & meaning is that if eaither of my foresaid daughters should die without issue of their bodys that then the surviving daughter & her heirs shall take place and enjoy the remaining part of porke hall neck to the said survivour and their heirs & assignes forever.
I give and bequeath unto John MANNING son of John MANNING dec'd all that plantation called the rigg on Cornelius Swamp & to the heirs of his body lawfully begotton and for want of such heirs then to the heirs of me the said Cornelius MANNING & to their heirs & assignes forever.
 I give to Wm MORGAN son to Edward MORGAN one three years old heifer and as to my personal Estate after debts and changes payd I leave to be equally devided in three parts, one part thereof to my wife & the other two parts to be equally devided amongst my three children Cornelius, Mary and Ann. I leave my son Cornelius under the care & government of John MILLS untill he arrives to twenty one years of age. I leave my daughter Ann under the care & Government of her Grandmother SHIRLY if she will take that care upon her if not to my sister MILLS until she arrives to the age of sixteen years or day of marriage which shall first happen.
I give unto Mr. George THUROLD my horse a fidler. & I do hereby constitute & Appoint my loving wife Elizabeth and John MILS to be joynt Executors of this my last will & testament, witness my hand and seale this tenth day of April 1721. Cornelius MANNING seal.
 signed sealed and delivered August 15th 1721. in presence of Archibald JOHNSON, Mary JOHNSON, Rudolph MAN, Wm. JOHNSON.
Then came Mary JOHNSTONE subscribing evidences to the within will & made oath upon the holy evangelist of Almighty God that they saw the testator sign & seal the within instrument as his last will & testament and that he published and declared the same so to be , and that at the time of his so doing he was of sound & perfect mind & memory to the best of their knowledge August 21st 1721 sworn to before me Jn BAKER Depty Commissioner then came RODHAM subscibing evidence to the within will & made oath upon the holy evangelist of Almighty God theat they saw the testator sign & seal the same so to be & that at the time of his so doing he wass of sound & perfect mind & memory to the best their knowledge.
Sworne to before ___ Jn BAKER Depty Commissioner

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments and questions. If you do not have a public profile on Blogger, please leave contact information if you would like a response.