The Worland Family in America and Beyond

I began my life in the Puget Sound area of Washington State, on an island filled with forests and wild rhododendrons. I was separated from my Worland family there at an early age. Recently, I was reunited with my family and learned of my heritage. And so, this journey to know my ancestors began. The Worlands, Gideons, Newtons, Conards... they were the colonists, the settlers, the pioneers. They fought in the American Revolution, the War of 1812, the Civil War. This is their story, and the story of a nation. -Deci Worland MacKinnon

Sunday, October 18, 2009

You Know That You're Addicted to Genealogy When ...........

1. You get locked in a library overnight and you never even notice.

2. You hyperventilate at the sight of an old cemetery.

3. You'd rather browse in a cemetery than a shopping mall.

4. You think every home should have a microfilm reader.

5. You'd rather read census schedules than a good book.

6. You know every town clerk in your state by name.

7. Town clerks lock the doors when they see you coming.

8. You are more interested in what happened in 1695 than 1995.

9. You store your clothes under the bed and your closet is carefully stacked with notebooks and journals.

10. Savage, Torrey, and Pope are household names, but you can't remember what you call your dog.

11. You can pinpoint Harrietsham, Hawkhurst, Kent on a map of England, but can't locate Topeka, Kansas.

12. All of your correspondence begins "Dear Cousin."

13. You've traced every one of your ancestral lines back to Adam and Eve, have it fully documented, and still don't want to quit.
 
(I found this at ScotGen. Thanks!)

1 comment:

I welcome your comments and questions. If you do not have a public profile on Blogger, please leave contact information if you would like a response.