The Worland Family in America and Beyond

I began my life in the Puget Sound area of Washington State, on an island filled with forests and wild rhododendrons. I was separated from my Worland family there at an early age. Recently, I was reunited with my family and learned of my heritage. And so, this journey to know my ancestors began. The Worlands, Gideons, Newtons, Conards... they were the colonists, the settlers, the pioneers. They fought in the American Revolution, the War of 1812, the Civil War. This is their story, and the story of a nation. -Deci Worland MacKinnon

Saturday, December 7, 2013

On This Day in the Colonies: December 7

English: John Rogers House, Branford CT on Nat...
English: John Rogers House, Branford CT on National Register of Historic Places (Photo credit: Wikipedia)
December 7, 1645- My eighth great granduncle, Daniel Hubbard, is born to George Hubbard & Elizabeth Watts in Hartford, Connecticut.

December 7, 1664- My ninth great grandmother, Sarah Hall, wife of Deacon Thomas Wetmore, dies at the age of 42 in Middletown, Middlesex County,Connecticut.
Born in England, she was the daughter of John Hall & Esther Willoche.

December 7, 1696- Connecticut Route 108, third oldest highway in Connecticut, is laid out to Trumbull.

December 7, 1703- A daughter, Mary, is born to Daniel Maltby & Esther Moss in Branford, New Haven, Connecticut.
Mary is my second cousin 9 times removed.

December 7, 1708- A daughter, Margaret, is born to Matthias Tyson & Mary Potts in Abington, Montgomery County, Pennsylvania.
Margaret is my second cousin 8 times removed.

December 7, 1724- My ninth great grandmother, Deborah Allen Buckland, wife of Hugh Cole, dies at the age of 64 in Swansea, Bristol County, Massachusetts. She is the daughter of Joseph Buckland & Deborah Allen.
She is buried in Kickemuit Cemetery, Warren, Bristol County, Rhode Island.

December 7, 1732- A son, James, is born to Robert Harlow & Susannah Cole in Plymouth, Massachusetts Bay, British America.
James is my second cousin 9 times removed.
William Penn, son of William Penn & Mary Jones, marries Christiana Forbes, daughter of Alexander Forbes, a merchant, in London, England.
William Penn is my fourth cousin 8 times removed.
The Royal Opera House opens at Covent Garden, London, England.

December 7, 1747- A daughter, Mary, is born to Thomas Adamson & Mary Burson in Bucks County, Pennsylvania.
Mary is my second cousin 6 times removed.

December 7, 1749- Peleg Sisson, son of George Sisson & Elizabeth Sherman, marries Ruth Sherman, daughter of John Sherman & Grizzel Fish, in Portsmouth, Newport County, Rhode Island. They are married by William Sanford, Justice.
Peleg is my second cousin 8 times removed.

December 7, 1751- A son, Samuel, is born to Benjamin Tallman & Elizabeth Gorton in Portsmouth, Newport County, Rhode Island.
Samuel is my third cousin 8 times removed.

December 7, 1755- A son, John, is born to Jarvis Brown & Ann Kinnicut in Swansea, Bristol, Massachusetts.
John is my third cousin 7 times removed.

December 7, 1760- A daughter, Sarah, is born to Giles Sanford & Elizabeth Smith in Middletown, Newport County, Rhode Island.
Sarah is my third cousin 7 times removed.

December 7, 1763- A daughter, Ann, is born to Jeremiah Walton & Margaret Tyson in Moreland Township, Montgomery, Pennsylvania.
Ann is my third cousin 7 times removed.

December 7, 1767- A son, Seth, is born to Joseph Blake & Marnara Grant in Torrington, Litchfield, Connecticut.
Seth is my third cousin 7 times removed.

December 7, 1768- Stephen Brownell, son of Joseph Brownell & Rebecca Tripp, marries Susanna Fish, daughter of David Fish & Jemima Tallman, in Portsmouth, Newport County, Rhode Island.
Stephen and Susanna are my third cousins 8 times removed.

December 7, 1771- A daughter, Tabatha, is born to Joseph Hoxie & Abigail Sherman in Dutchess County, New York.
Tabatha is my fourth cousin 7 times removed.

December 7, 1773- A daugher, Elizabeth, is born to Squire Seamans & Elizabeth Lee in Swansea, Bristol County, Massachusetts.
Elizabeth is my third cousin 6 times removed.

December 7, 1776- David Potts and his wife Alice Schull, moved to York County, Pennsylvania, He, along with his wife and children Jonathan, Ann, Hannah, Rachel, Joseph and Stephen, made a request to be received into Friends Meeting. Their request was granted February 8, 1777. They were members of Menallen Particular Meeting, (now included in Adams County,) then under the care of the Warrington Monthly Meeting.
David Potts is my second cousin 7 times removed.
Marquis de Lafayette attempts to enter the American military as a major general.

December 7, 1780- Josiah Seymour marries Dinah Doolittle, daughter of James Doolittle & Sarah Andrews, in Watertown, Litchfield, Connecticut.
Dinah is my third cousin 7 times removed.
Ebenezer Cole, son of Ebenezer Cole & Prudence Miller, marries Martha Ingraham, daughter of Joshua.
Ebenezer is my second cousin 8 times removed.

December 7, 1782-  A son, Robert, is born to Reverend Robert Hubbard & Lucy Hubbard in Shelburne, Franklin, Massachusetts.
Robert is my third cousin 6 times removed.

December 7, 1787- Delaware becomes the first state to ratify the United States Constitution.
 

Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments and questions. If you do not have a public profile on Blogger, please leave contact information if you would like a response.