The Worland Family in America and Beyond

I began my life in the Puget Sound area of Washington State, on an island filled with forests and wild rhododendrons. I was separated from my Worland family there at an early age. Recently, I was reunited with my family and learned of my heritage. And so, this journey to know my ancestors began. The Worlands, Gideons, Newtons, Conards... they were the colonists, the settlers, the pioneers. They fought in the American Revolution, the War of 1812, the Civil War. This is their story, and the story of a nation. -Deci Worland MacKinnon

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

August 1720, Pennsylvania

Engraving of the Merion Friends Meetinghouse from The Welsh Settlement in Pennsylvania  by Charles H Browning (1912).

August 7, 1720- Jonathan Cox is born to Richard Cox & Margaret Potts in Kennet Township, Chester County, Pennsylvania.

 Joseph Ambler and Ann Williams are married at the Merion Friends Meeting House in Montgomery County, Pennsylvania.

From our Monthly Meeting held at Gwynedd, the 20th day of ye Sixth month, 1720:
To the Monthly Meeting of Haverford, Greeting. Whereas the bearer hereof Joseph Ambler signified to us his intentions of Marriage with Ann Williams, one belonging to your meeting, requesting a few lines from us, now these may certify that a due enquiry hath been made, and we do not find while he lived amongst us, but his conversation have been sober and orderly, and as far as we know it he is clear from all other woman upon ye acct of marriage, so desireing his prosperity we remain your friends and brethren in the Truch.
Signed in Behalf of our sd meeting by.. Thomas Evan, Robert Evan, Robert Jones, John Hugh, Abraham Dawes and John Humphrey.

(Jonathan Cox is my second cousin 7 times removed. Our common ancestors are Thomas Potts & Elizabeth Baset.
Ann Williams is my first cousin 8 times removed. Our common ancestors are Aret Klincken & Niske Agnes Jensen.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments and questions. If you do not have a public profile on Blogger, please leave contact information if you would like a response.